At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar New England is on the lookout for a Senior SQL Server Developer / DBA who possesses a passion for database development and optimization. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s studio in Andover, MA.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Database team provides development and operational support for critical platforms and services.
- Design, develop & maintain database solutions through T-SQL, stored procedures, tables, views, etc. using Microsoft SQL Server (2016 and above).
- Query development / tuning / indexing / error handling.
- Create and design high performance database schemas with a solid understanding of SQL Server internals.
- Create and manage data flow & data models for various systems.
- Provide guidance to software engineers, architects and additional team members.
- Perform basic to advanced routine DBA activities & service requests.
- Determine effective ways to increase performance.
- Extensive expertise with backups and recovery.
- Knowledge of deployments and source control.
- Document processes and procedures.
- Participate in 24/7 operations via on call rotation schedule.
- Working experience with load testing and write ups.
- 6+ years of experience with MS SQL Server development and administration.
- Advanced T-SQL skills.
- Strong experience developing stored procedures, functions, views, etc.
- Knowledge of storage, servers, operating systems and application interaction.
- A sense of ownership, initiative and drive.
- Team player with a get it done attitude.
- An understanding of relational theory.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Passion for Rockstar Games.
- Knowledge of .NET/C#.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.