At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for an experienced Clearance Coordinator to partner with internal teams on reviewing digital content to address potential legal concerns. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- We design, create and populate the world with the people and creatures that bring the story and play to life, for both our story-driven and online game worlds.
- We engineer deep customization and functionality for complex character assets to the game’s specific needs.
- We work and collaborate with various development department stakeholders to maintain a clear and transparent asset workflow and track and complete team goals.
- We’re an integrated global team setting high standards across all our projects, with an exacting production and quality focus and an obsession for getting the minutiae right.
- We foster and enjoy an inclusive, engaged, and fun working environment.
- Review digital content for potential legal concerns in a timely manner and organise legal review where required.
- Work closely with artists to advise on clearance-related concerns and maintain and update relevant guidance and other documentation.
- Where issues are identified, follow up to ensure any problems are resolved rapidly and to specification/guidance.
- Research and record inspiration sources used for digital asset creation.
- Collaborate with inter-departmental stakeholders on connected legal clearance matters.
- Work with Production support to identify needs and prioritize order of asset clearances.
- Collaborate with Departmental colleagues in asset creation management.
- Obtain clearances for third party licensed assets and track their usage.
- Manage deadlines and prioritisation of clearance across several projects concurrently.
- Liaise with legal department regularly on current asset work and emerging content-related issues.
- 2+ years of experience in media clearance coordination.
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- A friendly and team-oriented attitude with a collaborative mindset.
- Strong research abilities and problem-solving skills.
- Superior working ability with Excel/other Database tools.
- Able to work autonomously, manage and prioritise own workload with minimal direction.
- Great attention to detail and importance of following up/completion of tasks.
- Flexible and creative mindset, with strong initiative and excellent organisational and multi-tasking abilities.
- Able to manage confidential information.
- Adaptable to new software and workflows.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience in Games or other relevant creative industry.
- Strong Visual sensibility and awareness of mass market consumer products/brands.
- Experience with Adobe CC.
- Experience using Shotgun production software.
- Enthusiasm for organising and refining tools and processes.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.