At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is on the lookout for a talented Technical Writer who is passionate about IT. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studios in the heart of Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- We deliver global IT systems infrastructure and enterprise applications to the development teams.
- We maintain our infrastructure to the highest standard, with an emphasis on preventative actions rather than reactive.
- We constantly review our processes with the aim of automating wherever possible.
- We are a team spread across 3 continents, that work closely together, to achieve our goals to a high standard, always.
- Responsible for creating, reviewing and maintaining high quality technical documentation and training materials for the global IT team and wider development teams.
- Creating high quality training materials, including written and video content.
- Providing technical documentation support within IT, helping others in the global IT team with their Documentation needs.
- Working with the global Technical Writing team to apply documentation standards and enhancements.
- Collaborating with IT, Technical Writing, Tools, and other development teams to create innovative ways to share and automate documentation.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience creating written technical documentation, tutorials, and other training material. Examples must be provided with your application.
- Graduate applications accepted when accompanied with outstanding samples of written work.
- Excellent documentation skills with high attention to detail.
- Experience creating training-oriented material, including both written and video content.
- Experience working with Wiki-based media.
- Impeccable English speaker with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and systems, and communicate them in a clear manner for the end-user.
- Knowledge of Windows enterprise business environment.
- Knowledge of or exposure to IT server hardware/software.
- Knowledge of or exposure to a data center environment.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with evolving project requirements and priorities.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team or individually as required.
- Motivated self-starter, who independently takes projects from planning through to completion.
- Willingness to occasionally work flexible hours.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Knowledge of macOS environment.
- Knowledge of linux environment.
- Knowledge of mobile devices: iOS, iPadOS and Android.
- Knowledge of console and PC gaming hardware.
- Game development experience and/or a passion for games.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Word and other MS Office packages.
- Experience with Photoshop or other image editing software.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.