At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is on the lookout for a Build Engineer who possesses a passion for automating processes and supporting infrastructure and tools that support the deployment of client facing software and services. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar's studio in Carlsbad. Whether it’s the beach or mountains, San Diego is considered one of the best places to live year-round.
WHAT WE DO
- We create connected experiences that are found across our game franchises.
- We create online services for our games, including matchmaking, cloud saves, player stats, leaderboards, and more.
- We improve existing features as well as architect new solutions to support the development of the Social Club community and website.
- We create innovative in-game experiences, including user-generated content.
- We build services and tools that support our consumer-facing experiences and our internal business needs.
- We create companion apps for our games, including second screen experiences on mobile, tablet and the web.
- Continuous integration and deployment of internal tools and externally facing applications to multiple environments.
- Management and documentation of deployment processes and automation.
- Environment management to ensure all needs are covered for testing and development.
- Collaboration with other Rockstar technology teams across our worldwide studios.
- 2+ years of configuration management and engineering for web applications, ideally supporting an Agile development process.
- Experience with automated build tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins, or equivalent.
- Programming experience with one of the following languages: C++, C#, or Java.
- Scripting and automation skills with one of the following languages: PowerShell, Perl, Python, bash, Ruby, or similar.
- Knowledge of distributed systems architecture and infrastructure.
- Adept at managing software release and deployment.
- Proficient in supporting multi-platform application development shops.
- Experience with source control, preferably Perforce.
- Experience with bug-tracking software.
- Knowledge of Agile software development process (particularly Scrum).
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with containerization technology (preferably Docker).
- Experience with branch and merge strategies.
- Knowledge of SQL.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.