At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is seeking a Continuity Editor who will work side by side with a passionate team of animators and technical artists to create the world’s best video game character animation. This position will work within our performance capture department and manage on set-continuity using our proprietary database management software. This is a full-time permanent position based in our cutting-edge performance capture studio in Bethpage, Long Island.
WHAT WE DO
- The Performance Capture team at Rockstar is responsible for storyboarding, directing, and capturing all live actor data for use in Cinematics and in-game animations.
- We work with bleeding-edge technology to capture actors’ movement, facial, and audio data to create photo realistic content in our games.
- We capture the core data that serves as the backbone for our story and in-game animations across all of Rockstar’s titles.
- Track data in our proprietary database, entering new information while simultaneously managing current data.
- Log all relevant shoot and shot details from start to finish with utmost accuracy.
- Maintain clear and consistent communication with production crew, facility staff, and remote teams.
- Provide insight to worldwide internal animation teams on crucial production information.
- Provide assistance to producers and directors.
- Coordinate pre-production, production, and post-production workflows.
- Learn, utilize, and optimize internal QA production tools.
- Manage on-set related bug pipelines.
- Manage on-set break status.
- Provide real time updates of on-set production changes to relevant parties.
- Become an expert in shot related issues, be able to handle questions and find answers.
- Support facilities operations, product research, and sourcing.
- Perform R&D on project documentation and archiving.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience working on a production set, i.e. film, television, or live stage.
- Exceptional organization, tracking, and reporting skills are required.
- Commitment to strict non-disclosure and confidentiality practices.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback in order to improve workflow for multifaceted production teams.
- Passion for Rockstar Game’s titles.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests at once from various disciplines such as our ADs, animators, and directors.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to perform jobs efficiently.
- Possess disciplined workflow practices with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Tremendous reliability & commitment to quality work and performance.
- Ability to stay calm, work hard, and be dedicated to finding solutions.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Knowledge of production terminology.
- On set motion capture experience.
- Game development experience.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Perforce
- Please note, this position will be based in our Bethpage, Long Island, NY location.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.