At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar New York is seeking an experienced data analyst to join our growing Analytics practice and help build Rockstar’s business intelligence capacity. Successful candidates will work with analytics and product leadership to assure that the most relevant possible real-time and historical data is identified, tracked, analyzed, and made actionable across all of our titles. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of downtown Manhattan.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Analytics team provide insights and actionable results to a wide variety of stakeholders across the organization in support of their decision making.
- We collaborate as a global team to develop cutting-edge data products, data models, reports, analyses, and machine learning applications.
- The Analytics Platform vertical is heavily focused on creating best in class data collection, developing actionable reports and providing recommendations to our business and game stakeholders.
- Projects and tasks have direct influence on the player experience.
- Collaborate with business partners to define and document measurement specifications and tagging requirements to provide the needed web analytics data.
- Work closely with stakeholders to identify needs and translate those needs into actionable data analyses.
- Anticipating needs and proactively developing solutions to address them.
- Develop overall tagging strategy.
- Test and validate web analytics data; work with technical teams to address data quality issues.
- Providing thought leadership of measurement technologies and industry trends
- Perform ad-hoc analyses to answer business questions, drive insight and enable business decisions.
- Create well organized reports and presentations that convey insights into data and trends.
- Utilize web analytics data in conjunction with game and business data to deliver deep insights into customer behavior and business performance.
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of new features, applications, and areas of our web properties.
- Be the subject matter expert for web analytics tool.
- Train users on the use of web analytics tools so they can answer basic questions on their own.
- Identify opportunities to continuously improve processes
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operational Research, Business Intelligence, or any other relevant field).
- 4+ years of experience in web data analysis in a multi-channel marketing environment a must.
- Passion for Rockstar Games and our titles.
- Deep experience with Google Analytics and Big Query
- Experience implementing GA within websites, mobile apps, and server applications
- Ability to work within Google Tag Manager and QA/debug – there is usually a dependency between the two.
- Experience with user experience reporting.
- Extensive knowledge in SQL (or a SQL-like language).
- Experience with Tableau.
- Ability to develop and maintain good relations and communicate with people at all hierarchical levels.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to reconcile technical and business perspectives.
- Autonomy and entrepreneurship.
- Strong mentoring abilities.
- Strong team spirit.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with Hadoop and Snowflake an asset.
- Graduate degree (MBA, MSc or Master’s, PHD) an asset.
- Knowledge of how a data layer works a plus.
- Game industry experience strongly desired.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.