At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Toronto is on the lookout for two (2) talented Environment Artists who possess a passion for creating exciting and believable artwork to enrich our in-game environments. These are full-time permanent positions based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Oakville, Ontario.
- Build and map a wide range of realistic 3D art that is used to enrich the in-game environments that would be used for world/street locations, interiors, and cut scenes.
- Create realistic textures.
- Pursue a high quality of both aesthetics and visual storytelling.
- Proactively seek feedback from Leads and Creative Directors.
- Proactively keep Leads and Creative Directors informed of progress and developments.
- Participate in R&D, problem solving artistic solutions to technical problems.
- Work with flair while maintaining the restraints of the medium.
- Actively pursue knowledge of the medium – what works, what doesn’t, and what we can do about it.
- Completion of college or university in graphic arts/design;
- A portfolio demonstrating the ability to render in high realism is required.
- Industry experience or AAA game development experience is strongly preferred
- Excellent environment 3D art creation skills for creating realistic environments that suit the company’s game genres
- Experience with Substance Painter/Designer
- Robust Photoshop and 3ds Max (or similar) software skills
- Experience with Z Brush/Mudbox
- Familiarity with other software packages is encouraged: e.g. Houdini, Xnormal, Speedtree
- 3D engine experience is preferred
- All-around artistic expertise and flair
- The technical ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly
- An interest in learning to understand and work within the restraints of the medium
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation
- Comfortable working in a team setting and meeting deadlines under time constraints
- Strong communication, time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Creative nature with strong problem-solving skills
- A passion for games and eagerness to learn and upskill
- Employer: Rockstar Games Toronto ULC
- Position: Environment Artist
- Terms of Employment: Full-time / Permanent
- Location: Oakville, Ontario
- Employment Address: 586 Argus Rd, Oakville, ON L6J 3J3
- Hours of Work: 40 hours/week
- Language: English
- Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and/or salary increases in accordance with company policy. Life insurance, Extended Medical/Dental Plan, RSP Plan, Stock Purchase Plan, Fitness benefit.