At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is on the lookout for a talented Production Associate to join our Technical Art team and assist in making some of the most highly respected and widely recognized AAA titles in video games.
WHAT WE DO
- We develop complex tools and pipelines for Artists to author, automate, and manage game assets.
- We work alongside other departments on R&D of various aspects of our pipelines like body and facial animation, secondary motion, character effects and rigging, improving the quality of assets in the game, and the efficiency of our pipelines.
- We are responsible for the rigging aspect of Character and Props development.
- We work closely with other departments to influence UI design to be as intuitive as possible for the end user.
- We help develop the technical side of asset creation, build tools for creating LODs, investigate assets to aid optimization, develop complex deformation systems, create texture processing systems, and simulate engine features in our asset creation packages.
- We help to bridge different disciplines; making code requirements and limitations relatable to artists and expressing artist objectives and goals to code.
- Provide production support to the Technical Art team.
- Help streamline and adjust our project management processes to suit the team's specific workflow needs, while helping increase the reliability of meeting our goals.
- Help manage the flow of assets and information between disciplines and team members.
- Maintain an awareness of team goals and timelines.
- Proactively identify and resolve production issues.
- Prepare production reports.
- Ensure meetings are properly documented and actioned.
- Assign, prioritize, and track tasks using our in-house project management tools.
- Assist development teams in identifying and resolving issues preventing progress.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline.
- Proven successful production experience organizing and tracking large amounts of information.
- Effective and self-motivated communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative and dynamic team-player able to work with many different types of personalities.
- Proficiency in multiple software tools to manage projects and facilitate related communication, including and not limited to Excel, Bug Tracking Programs (i.e. TestTrack Pro, JIRA, Bugzilla), Word, MS Project, PPM system, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Genuine enthusiasm for making and playing all types of video games.
- Eager to learn new software tools and technologies.
- Flexible and strong initiative together with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Able to work autonomously, manage and prioritize own workload.
- Able to communicate and comprehend technical information in both written and oral form.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to focus and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Knowledge of agile project management techniques and best practices.
- Software development or video game industry experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.