At Rockstar Games we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is on the lookout for a talented Network Engineer who possess a passion for IT. This is a full-time permanent position that can sit in either our New York City or Long Island locations.
WHAT WE DO
- We deliver global IT systems infrastructure to the development teams.
- We maintain our infrastructure to the highest standard, with an emphasis on preventative actions rather than reactive.
- We constantly review our processes with the aim of automating wherever possible.
- We are a team spread across 3 continents, that work closely together, to achieve our goals to a high standard, always.
- Responsible for the delivery and support of Rockstar’s studio networks around the world
- Supporting the delivery of global WAN connectivity, working alongside the Take2 network team.
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in the network industry
- Industry standard qualifications like CCNA/CCNP or equivalent are advantageous but not essential.
- Experience of industry-leading network devices like Cisco, Ruckus, Juniper etc.
- Excellent understanding of layer 2/3 switching/routing technologies.
- Experience with advanced L3 concepts like OSPF and BGP.
- Experience with industry-leading firewall technologies, like Cisco ASA, Palo Alto Networks, etc.
- Excellent understanding of network-related technologies like DHCP and DNS
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team or individually as required.
- Self-motivated & confident.
- Excellent documentation skills with high attention to detail.
- Experience with taking projects from planning through to completion.
- Ability to handle high pressure situations.
- Capacity to juggle a mixture of break-fix and project work, managing individual priorities and deadlines.
- Willingness to occasionally work flexible hours, or out of hours as required.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with load-balancers, e.g. F5, A10, etc.
- Experience with WAN acceleration technology (Silverpeak/Riverbed/Citrix)
- Open-source infrastructure monitoring (CheckMK/Nagios)
- Application and web service administration (IIS/Apache/Tomcat)
- Scripting skills (Powershell/Bash/Python/C#)
- Experience using/supporting enterprise monitoring tools (Elasticsearch/Splunk)
- Solid understanding of iSCSI and Fibre channel storage protocols
- Experience with Storage and Virtualization technology
- Experience with Windows and Linux Server stack
- Experience with scripting in Powershell, Python, Ansible.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resumé and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.