At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar India is on the lookout for talented Visual Development Artist who possess a passion for product design to work with the props team. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Bangalore.
WHAT WE DO
- We work closely with the environment departments within the Rockstar Games team to research, curate and maintain our library of in-game furniture assets.
- We seek out and construct collections of real-world reference covering various spaces across our games.
- Using this research, we curate sets of objects based on what works well for the location, all whilst making sure the object design is fluid enough to be used across a plethora of environment styles, saving memory to provide an optimal gaming experience.
- We pull out the key furniture elements from reference that are necessary towards the look and feel of our many in-game world spaces.
- Our team has a keen eye for detail and a receptive attitude that allows us to tune into the elements of furniture design that influences an asset and allows it to fit into various situations in our game worlds.
- We conduct alterations to furniture design when it is needed to expand the variety of environment styles the original design fits within.
- We also give feedback and support as needed to the prop artists.
- Be able to take a basic brief and flesh it out with your own research.
- Proactively seek feedback from Leads and Creative Directors.
- Proactively keep Leads and Creative Directors informed of progress and developments.
- Actively pursue knowledge of the medium – what works, what doesn’t, and what we can do about it.
- A degree in industrial design, product design or similar, or the equivalent industry experience in a design related role.
- For junior candidates we will consider applicants with no industry experience if their portfolio is of a very high standard.
- For experienced candidates we are looking for 2+ years of post-secondary educational experience.
- Have a keen eye for detail and a receptive ability to identify key style traits that define a piece of furniture’s vibe/era/quality.
- The ability to balance the unique design aspect of an asset with allowing the design to be generic enough to receive optimal use across various environmental styles.
- Excellent research and design skills.
- The technical ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly.
- An interest in learning to understand and work within game development.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation.
- Comfortable working in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints.
- Experience with 3DsMax, Photoshop, PureRef, InDesign, or similar software.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Creative nature with strong problem-solving skills.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Passion for games and how furniture design influences the medium is highly desirable.
- Games background/Experience of games pipeline.
- Eagerness to learn and upskill – we are open to applicants who do not possess a background in games and can provide training where relevant.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.