At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is seeking a Cinematic Gameplay Capture Artist to assist on a range of projects. This role is responsible for shooting in-game footage for use in online and TV campaigns. Our process involves using internal video capture tools to shoot both cinematic and gameplay footage in a virtual 3D game environment. The successful candidate will love video games, demonstrate the ability to capture cinematic moments in-game, and work well both independently and directed closely within a team.
WHAT WE DO
- The Gameplay Capture team works with our video editing and trailer teams to produce outstanding videos using exclusively in-game shots.
- We utilize custom internal tools to shoot and display games in new ways.
- We shoot in both single and multiplayer scenarios.
- We support our employees with a culture of career development, safety, and inclusion.
- Identify and capture cinematic content from within a game, creating imagery which demonstrates the game’s aesthetics and technical assets.
- Rapidly master games in development.
- Utilize debug functions as well new and evolving in-game tools to create footage.
- Work with varying levels of supervision and creative direction, ranging from complete autonomy to working with a director to capture specific requests.
- Work at a fast pace on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Problem-solve to achieve the best possible results while working within the confines of unfinished technology.
- Collaborate with other capture artists to deliver footage.
- World-class player of current platform (PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Xbox One, PC) video game titles. Are you able to complete every game you pick up faster than anyone else you know?
- Experience creating visual content in digital or standard media (video, photography, gaming, etc.).
- An enthusiasm for and extensive knowledge of movies, TV pop culture, and music videos.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Thorough understanding of and passion for Rockstar’s games specifically.
- Creative, collaborative, and adaptable.
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform at a high level whether working as part of a team or independently.
- A strong work ethic and a desire to get the job done right no matter what.
- Creative, out of the box thinker, able to see angles or shots that others don’t.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with cameras, lighting, and composition.
- Production experience; knowledge of editing process.
- Experience with visual media is required for this role. Please include any and all links to your work or attach examples to your resume. This is an artistic position, so we need to see examples of your creativity in order to move forward.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.