At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is on the lookout for talented Game Tools Programmers who possess a passion for creating systems and tools to improve developer workflows, enabling us to make the best games we can. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- We adapt the game into an editor for artists, designers and other content creators to work within.
- We write performant in game systems for real time data capture and accompanying tools to analyse the data to aid development.
- We work on C# services and tools to accompany and compliment the in-game editor.
- Cooperate with artists, designers and other programmers on how to best utilize the current technology.
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform tasks and continue the technological evolution of the game and our tools.
- Develop high performance and easy to use world editing and game development tools and systems.
- Accurately estimate schedules and deliver high quality work products to that schedule.
- Mentor and guide fellow programmers.
- Mathematics/computer science degree or equivalent.
- Experience in any of the following: engine/systems development, tool development, open world streaming, advanced scene management techniques, networking.
- Fluency in C / C++ with strong multi-threaded programming skills.
- Experience with DirectX, Open GL or similar.
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with geometry, linear algebra, matrix and vector maths.
- Extensive experience with code and data optimization.
- Expert at debugging complex stability issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, experience working with designers, artists and programmers.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Self-motivated, and willing to pitch in on many areas of development.
- Passion for technology and games, in-depth familiarity of Rockstar products is a massive plus.
- Experience with C# and the .NET Framework.
- Experience with WPF and XAML.
- User Experience design (UXD).
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.