At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is seeking a Senior HR Advisor to support our growing UK teams. As part of the team, you will provide key support in day to day operations across the Studio and compliment an already well-established team. We are looking for someone who is keen to enhance their skills and experience within a diverse and varied HR role.
This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- We are responsible for providing an inclusive, supportive, and safe working environment.
- We pride ourselves on providing professional support and advisory services to managers and employees on all HR issues.
- We are a busy and organised team who partner with management on the strategic needs of the Studios.
- Act as the Senior point of contact for employee welfare queries and support, as well as provide guidance for other team members handling employee relations.
- Advise, coach and support management on ER, disciplinary and grievance, and performance management issues.
- Directly support the Associate Director of Human Resources to deliver a complete HR service to the Studio and provide guidance to the team to develop and enhance internal skills and capabilities.
- Assist HR Leaders in related ad hoc projects and initiatives.
- Work with our other Studios to ensure a collaborative approach to our HR policies and practices.
- Provide management information reporting to Senior Directors.
- Support the internal immigration requirements, ensuring compliance with current legislation.
- Maintain and accurately process documentation and employee information on our HR Information System.
- Promote and support Rockstar culture within Rockstar North.
- Apply knowledge and experience to help identify ways to improve HR processes and procedures.
- HND/HNC/Degree educated with an HR related discipline (or similar).
- CIPD accredited.
- At least 4 years’ experience working within HR.
- Excellent understanding of current employment legislation and best practice.
- Strong ability to organise and prioritise workload, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communicator both verbally and written.
- Adaptable and confident dealing with various stakeholders of all levels.
- The successful candidate will need to be a flexible self-starter with strong initiative, excellent organisational and multitasking skills, capable of working autonomously, managing and prioritising their own workload and understanding when and where to seek guidance and approval.
- The candidate must effectively drive Rockstar initiatives and must maintain an excellent working relationship with other Rockstar studios global and local management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must. Confidentiality, diplomacy and commitment to the needs of Rockstar are essential.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel).
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Previous HR experience within the Creative Industries – video games, film, television, music – would be beneficial.
- Experience using Workday HR information system.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.