At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Toronto is on the lookout for a talented Development/Production Assistant to support the Animation Code R&D team. This position will be responsible for performing a wide array of development-related duties in coordination with production and programming leads. The successful applicant will have a strong foundation in technical skills and programming ability, while being able to organize the many moving pieces involved in the research and development of new animation system features or technologies.
WHAT WE DO
- We develop animation technology, from performance capture through to a sophisticated runtime engine, for massive open world games.
- We are a global team of programmers and researchers who collaborate on pushing the boundaries of character animation on next generation hardware.
- We support and work closely with performance capture, technical art, character art, animation, and gameplay teams across multiple projects at different Rockstar studios.
- Provide administrative and internal process support for the Animation Code R&D team.
- Maintain schedules, help organize tasks and milestones, triage bugs, draft documentation, and coordinate assets and deliverables.
- Help cross-team coordination of complex tasks: constantly keep an eye on the timeline and notify team members when action is required; stay on top of bugs: ensure correct assignment, prioritization, escalation, notifications, and actions.
- Make sure existing documentation is readable, well-structured and complete, and remains consistent and up to date.
- Work closely with local technical art and performance capture teams in NYC, and the wider code, art, and production teams worldwide.
- Manage relationships with multiple external specialist technical vendors, schedule conference calls, ensure timely follow-ups, arrange in person meetings at our facilities and at industry conferences.
- Coordinate meeting itineraries: digest complex technical discussions to ensure meetings are properly documented and actioned.
- Prepare presentation materials; capture in game footage and edit video material to showcase development progress.
- Assist with administrative support, game testing, asset preparation, scripting etc: anything that diverts our team of programmers away from R&D.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent.
- Firm command of Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Basic image and video editing skills (e.g. Photoshop/Illustrator, Final Cut Pro/Avid etc).
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS etc.
- A player of games produced by Rockstar! Experience with a range video games and interest in games industry news.
- Effective communication skills, ability to comprehend complex technical information in both written and verbal form, and author precise and clear emails, documentation, and notes.
- Strong time management skills, ability to focus and prioritize in fast paced work environment, and keep all tasks and members of the team organized.
- Proactive at problem solving, foreseeing, and addressing issues to get the team what it needs to overcome obstacles.
- Flair for visual/artistic design; we need our internal documentation and presentations to look good!
- Be a collaborative team player, who is able to work with many different personalities.
- Enthusiasm and eagerness to learn new software, skills, and technologies.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Computer Science degree or an equivalent is a definite plus.
- Ability to code proficiently in C/C++, C#, and/or Python.
- Production experience within games or entertainment industry.
- Proficiency in scheduling/bug tracking applications (e.g. Microsoft project), perforce, tableau, confluence / wikis, SQL, or other databases.
- Ability to animate with any package (e.g. Maya, MotionBuilder, Blender etc) or experience with motion capture.
- Participation in any academic or industry research or complex project development.
- Any experience or familiarity with machine learning.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.