At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is on the lookout for talented Animation graduates who possess a passion for games. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar's studio in Carlsbad, San Diego.
You will work alongside our animation team to provide general ongoing support and assist in the creation of world-class video games.
WHAT WE DO
- We support the global facial animation team as they provide animation for all characters and animals appearing in cinematic and gameplay sequences in our games.
- We implement, export, and troubleshoot face animations into the engine.
- We work closely with the technical face animation team and help them by testing tools and workflows.
- We work collaboratively with the global animation, code and design teams to problem solve and implement face performances across all characters in our games.
- Preparation and support of performance capture for face.
- Implement, troubleshoot and debug animation systems.
- QA different areas of the face animation pipeline including but not limited to face rigs, software upgrades and tools developed by the face technical animation team.
- Preferred degree with an emphasis in 3D Art or Animation or equivalent work experience.
- Positive, solution-orientated individual with a passion for game development.
- Driven individual who completes high quality work with relative autonomy.
- Ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly.
- Strong communication and time-management skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Deep rooted interest in video games.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Practical knowledge of programming languages (Python, C# / C++, etc.).
- Experience with motion capture, MotionBuilder and 3dsmax.
- Experience with Faceware, Dynamixyz or similar package.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.