At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar North is seeking a UX Research Manager who is passionate about leading and growing a team of UX Researchers working on Rockstar’s games and core products. The successful candidate will join a nascent and growing UX Research team and will help to establish team’s direction, processes, and best practices, as well as being hands-on when needed.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Global UX Team plans, executes, and drives research activities for game projects across the company.
- We ensure every research test yields high quality, actionable data.
- We contribute to the ongoing refinement of the UX practice at Rockstar, including methodological improvements and processes.
- We advocate for players’ values and needs to foster a culture of empathy.
- Recruit, manage, and develop a team of Researchers while providing guidance on their work and mentorship.
- Establish standards for quality research including planning with clear goals and outcomes, data integrity, effective reporting, and actionable insights.
- Ensure that research deliverables address both product development and business strategies.
- Establish guidelines on research concepts and translate them into KPIs and insights to design, including concepts such as players’ emotions, needs, behaviors, and satisfaction.
- Set team strategy and coordinate efforts to ensure the correct prioritization, timing and deliverables.
- Conduct research activities to establish best practices and generate insights.
- Apply a mixed method approach, harnessing a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods (including interviews, surveys, heuristics, telemetry, descriptive, and inferential statistics) and adapt those methodologies based on logistical and product context.
- Develop and nurture relationships with other leaders across the organization.
- Set research processes that address practical logistics, the team’s way of working, and how they integrate into product development.
- Clearly communicate the impact of research insights and efforts to various stakeholders.
- Support and strengthen global UX Design strategies.
- Masters or PhD in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- 6+ years of experience in UX Research Design in the game industry.
- 2+ years of managing teams of Researchers.
- Experience collaborating with a variety of product development stakeholders.
- Passion for video games.
- Excellent planning, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment with the need to manage frequent change.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to work through organizational complexity and ambiguity.
- Ability to think strategically and work cross-functionally across local teams to collaborate and create impact on a global scale.
- Ability to present to senior stakeholders and facilitate broader design discussions within the team.
- An empathetic style: an ability to build trusted relationships and achieve consensus and buy-in at all levels of an organization.
- Detail-oriented and highly efficient.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial spirit.
- Advanced statistics desired, but not required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.