At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is on the lookout for an experienced Technical Project Manager who possesses a passion for driving data and analytic initiatives forward. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar's studio in Carlsbad. Whether it’s the beach or mountains, San Diego is considered one of the best places to live year-round.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Analytics team provides insights and actionable results to a wide variety of stakeholders across the organization in support of their decision making.
- We work together with several departments to design and implement streamed and batched data pipelines.
- We collaborate as a global team to develop cutting-edge data pipelines serving data products, data models, reports, analyses, and machine learning applications.
- Work closely with product and engineering leadership to drive development for the big data platform.
- Create and maintain project schedules and milestone documentation, monitoring the progress of milestones and specific tasks against those schedules.
- Identify other teams within Rockstar with necessary technical knowledge and responsibilities to cultivate relationships in order to drive a project forward.
- Identify all groups and teams affected by a project and involve them – solicit their input on requirements and follow up through execution to confirm requirements are being met.
- Hold regular meetings with the project teams, individuals and business partners to discuss status, resolve issues and share information.
- Drive consensus on technical decisions to satisfy requirements.
- Break down large or complex projects into meaningful subprojects.
- Ensure a common understanding and agreement on project scope and goals and on any subsequent changes.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of collective experience in program, project or product management and engineering.
- Familiarity with programming, scripting, SQL and/or statistical languages (e.g. Python, Java, Scala, T-SQL, PL/SQL, R).
- Experience managing the delivery of big data, data mining, machine learning and/or data analysis solutions.
- Functional knowledge of big data technologies and project management processes and practices.
- Strong ability to work with various producers, developers and testers across multiple studios and projects.
- Experience working with distributed teams and facilitating effective virtual and in-person meetings.
- Familiarity with Agile Development methodologies.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel), Hansoft, JIRA, Confluence and other project tracking and bug database software.
- Excellent organizational & prioritization skills, attention to detail, process knowledge and ability to multi-task.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively across product, development, and management teams.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Certifications such as PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CSPO.
- Previous engineering ownership of data-analysis or data-collection tools.
- Experience in a Hadoop ecosystem (Map Reduce, Spark, Spark-Streaming, Oozie, Impala, etc.).
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques and pipelines.
- Experience in the games industry preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar Games recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.