At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar India is seeking a Visual Effects (VFX) Artist to join our development team in Bangalore.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games VFX Team help to bring extra life to the environment, characters, weapons, vehicles, and more. Visual effects help to immerse the player in a believable world, from using ambient effects for things like insects around the player and rain dripping off buildings up to large scale destruction events like skyscrapers crashing to the ground.
- We control vast networks of data that drive many large systems. Our technology is used to tie the world together; weapons create bullet impacts, vehicles kick up dirt and smoke and leave debris when they crash, objects get dirty when the fall in mud.
- Create a wide range of high quality particle effects using proprietary particle tools and various 3rd party software.
- Collaborate effectively with other team disciplines (code, design, environment art, animation).
- Demonstrate creativity and technical ability within the constraints of console development.
- Develop assets optimized for current and next-generation consoles.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve visual effects related issues.
- Ability to demonstrate real-time particle effects.
- Strong understand of visual effects fundamentals and techniques.
- Experience with data driven particle implementation.
- Ability to generate assets using 3rd party software, such as Houdini/Substance.
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Self-motivated, with a strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Problem Solving/Troubleshooting.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with HDA (Houdini Digital Asset) generation.
- Experience with rigid body simulations in Houdini.
- Experience with 3ds Max modeling and UV mapping.
- Multiple shipped titles.
- Passion for Rockstar's games.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.