At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Dundee is looking for talented engineers to build and maintain systems used by our scripting teams. They are responsible for ensuring our scripters have everything they need to meet the design requirements of games we work on. Working with other teams as needed to build a strong technical backbone.
WHAT WE DO
- Our team develops technologies supporting the gameplay and content teams in achieving their user facing goals.
- We work on building and maintaining code systems across a broad spectrum of areas within our games.
- We focus on developing tools, as well as improving workflows that cross disciplines and project boundaries.
- We work on integrating systems with platform specific features and APIs.
- Develop features as part of tooling, engine, networking and gameplay code, according to design and technical requirements.
- Gather specification and requirements from teams across multiple disciplines.
- Analyse existing workflows across teams and disciplines, helping to identify and agree on required improvements.
- Effectively working closely with senior and lead engineering staff, to both develop new features and integrate them with existing systems.
- A Computer Science or Game Design degree with a programming focus is considered an advantage. However, relevant experience is taken into consideration.
- Previous experience implementing action and/or multiplayer systems for a shipped title.
- Experience with C/C++ programming (VC14 preferable).
- Candidates must be highly motivated, positive and personable, with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Adaptable and ability to multi-task and prioritize work based on changing schedules and feedback/critiques with a detail-obsessed eye for quality.
- Prior experience developing on current generation consoles.
- Experience working with large, legacy code bases.
- Experience on modern networked game.
- Experience authoring technical designs and/or breakdowns for feature sets.
- Understanding of Xbox Live Services and/or PSN.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. Please make sure to include examples of your work with code samples. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar Games recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.