At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar New England are seeking a Visual Effects (VFX) Systems Programmer to join our development team in Andover, MA. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for breathing life, realism, and fun into our games.
WHAT WE DO
- The VFX team is a global group of creative programmers and artists with a keen focus on enhancing visual effects in our games.
- We are responsible for adding and extending dynamic special effects to increase the realism and immersion of gameplay.
- Some examples of our VFX systems include: vehicle damage, weapon impact, fire, blood, explosion, water, and weather effects.
- Maintain, improve and design high-level VFX systems that drive our core VFX technology.
- Work with other code and art teams to bring their gameplay systems to life with dynamic VFX.
- Design VFX asset workflows and data management in concert with the art and tools teams.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in video game or similar C++ development.
- Understanding of particle and decal based special effects
- Ability to communicate and collaborate well within a team setting.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic/passionate about games and curious about how things work.
- Knowledgeable of special FX techniques.
- Knowledge of current real-time and graphics rendering techniques is beneficial but not strictly required.
- Strong 3D math skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.