At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar is on the lookout for a talented Development Support candidate to join our Social Club team. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Downtown Manhattan.
WHAT WE DO
- We create connected experiences that are found across our game franchises.
- We create online services for our games including matchmaking, cloud saves, player stats, and more.
- We improve existing features as well as architect new solutions to support the development of the Social Club community and website.
- We create innovative in-game experiences including user-generated content.
- We build services and tools that support our consumer-facing experiences and our internal business needs.
- We create companion apps for our games including second screen experiences on mobile, tablet, and the web.
- Handle support requests to the Social Club team that is comprised of Build and Release Engineering, Test Automation Engineering, Front End Engineering, Full Stack Engineering, and Web Services Engineering.
- Escalate issues to the Social Club Leads and Programmers where appropriate.
- Draft documentation for features.
- Communicate non-routine code issues.
- Analyze crash dumps.
- Quality assurance for new code functionality.
- Understand, troubleshoot and reproduce issues reported, ensuring the development team are made aware of priority issues.
- Manage and monitor issue reports and work with other developers and departments to provide and verify a resolution.
- Perform daily build tests to communicate serious issues before the larger team is affected.
- Constructive feedback on new code to improve quality.
- Coordination, when needed, with counterparts at other R* studios.
- Daily and/or weekly status reporting.
- Mathematics/Computer Science/Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Proven ability to work with and diagnose unfamiliar code.
- Ability to accurately and descriptively write bug reports, including reproduction steps.
- Effective communication skills, research skills, and strong attention to detail.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with Perforce.
- Experience with Visual Studio.
- Experience with Windows APIs.
- Experience with batch, Python or PowerShell scripting.
- Experience working in short iterative development cycles.
- Experience working within the software development or internet industries.
- Experience with QA, testing, helpdesk, IT support, etc.
- Passion for technology and games; in-depth familiarity of Rockstar products is a massive plus.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.