At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar New England is looking for talented systems designers whose skill set combines technical excellence with a passion for making games. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Andover, MA.
WHAT WE DO
- We create connected experiences that are found across our game franchises.
- We create online services for our games, including matchmaking, cloud saves, player stats, leaderboards, and more.
- We design and implement player-centric online systems such as progression, inventory, bounty systems and more.
- We improve existing features as well as architect new solutions to support the development of the Social Club community and website.
- We create innovative in-game experiences, including user-generated content.
- Utilize C# to program network-oriented game systems while meeting strict deadlines.
- Author exciting new content using our in-house tools.
- Liaise with artists, game designers and programmers to create compelling content.
- Investigate and diagnose bug reports from other teams related to our systems.
- Assist with developing and disseminating technical systems designs to various teams.
- A Computer Science or Game Design degree is considered an advantage. However, relevant experience is taken into consideration.
- 2+ years of proven game design/scripting or software development experience in a professional environment.
- Strong C# programming ability.
- A good understanding of object-oriented programming patterns.
- Excellent communication, technical & problem solving skills.
- Highly organized with proven ability to deliver on deadlines.
- A game design oriented mindset, and a passion for creating games.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Database development experience (MSSQL).
- Ability to design clean and concise APIs.
- XAML and WPF .NET programming experience.
- Prior experience working in medium to large sized development teams.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.