At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is on the lookout for talented C++ Software Engineer in Test to join our online services Core Security team in New York City. Come join a passionate and dedicated team of individuals focused on growing our online platform and providing industry-leading game experiences to our players.
Social Club is a technology platform comprised of:
- Services to power our online games, including matchmaking, cloud saves, player stats, and leader boards.
- Community building and sustaining features, such as user-generated content and the rapidly expanding Social Club social network.
- Game companion applications, including second-screen experiences on mobile, tablet, and the web.
- Player management and mass communication systems for customer experience and marketing initiatives.
- Enforcement tooling and operations for anti-cheat and application security.
- Gameplay data pipelines and analytics tools that comprise the Rockstar business intelligence platform.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Social Club is a technology platform that powers Rockstar’s online titles and our ability to deliver world-class player experiences.
- We create and maintain high-impact features for Grand Theft Auto Online, Red Dead Online, the Rockstar Games Launcher, and the Social Club website, as well as the core Social Club player accounts ecosystem and related social and messaging channels.
- We also align technology and tools with our digital distribution platform to create solutions that enhance our games and empower various teams within Rockstar – including development, marketing, security, and customer support – to engage with our players.
- Designing and implementing test plans and individual test cases for new software features.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining automated tests for Core Security applications.
- Researching new testing methodologies or tools to improve our overall QA process. Creating technical documentation.
- Understand, troubleshoot and reproduce issues reported, ensuring the development team are made aware of priority issues.
- Manage and monitor issue reports and work with other developers and departments to provide and verify resolution.
- Help support our applications over all communication channels.
- A degree in computer science or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- 3+ years of experience as a SDET, Software Engineer, or similar.
- Proficient in C++.
- Experience building automated test frameworks for unit/integration/end-to-end testing.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with an emphasis on debugging code.
- Experience with automated build tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of non-functional testing such as security and performance testing.
- Outstanding analytical and communication skills, with ability to identify, tackle and communicate ambiguous problems.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Prior experience with testing components, libraries, and SDKs.
- Experience with GoogleTest.
- Experience with LLVM.
- Experience with disassemblers and decompilers such as IDA Pro.
- Experience with crash dumps and x64.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.