At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is on the lookout for talented Animation Tools Programmers who possess a passion for both Animation and Tools development. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar's studio in Carlsbad. Whether it’s beach or mountains, San Diego has it all and is considered one of the best places to live year-round.
WHAT WE DO
- We create and maintain software tools that are used by all game development disciplines to support the creation of all Rockstar Games projects.
- These software tools range from digital content exporters, a data processing asset pipeline to game, CI/CD automation systems and UI editors.
- Work within the Tools team on all animation related technology, mainly focused on animation exporters, editors and pipelines.
- Collaborate with animators, collating requirements and developing solutions to the technical challenges faced when building hugely complex and ambitious video games.
- Maintaining and fixing bugs in the toolchain.
- Implement tasks to specification defined by the Lead Tools programmers.
- A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent work experience.
- Programming skills (e.g. C++ and/or C#).
- Knowledge of 3D mathematics (e.g. linear algebra, trigonometry and matrices).
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills as well as the ability to work within a team.
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with Motionbuilder and/or Maya.
- Experience working with animators and riggers.
- Games industry experience working on AAA titles.
- Passion for creating tools and working closely with your user base.
- Knowledge of Rockstars’ game titles and passion for playing videogames.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.