At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is seeking an energetic and well organized Video Technician to provide both physical and technical support to Rockstar’s unique performance capture studio located in Long Island, NY. The successful candidate will be responsible for operating and maintaining the video gear and facial capture equipment used in our performance capture shoots. This is a position best suited to technical-minded, detail-oriented individuals with exceptional people skills. The ability to work well with a team, take direction, and maintain a positive attitude under pressure is critical.
- Prepare and breakdown talent for body and face capture including helmeting and face-framing.
- Monitor video feeds from multiple sources simultaneously to ensure proper alignment.
- Troubleshoot problems with systems and equipment without slowing down the shoot.
- Perform equipment maintenance and inventory.
- Coordinate talent workflow keeping up with the pace and demands of the production.
- Assist with onset prop and set builds during shoots.
- Ensure quality and continuity of all recorded video.
- Assist in the R&D effort to help advance our technology and workflows.
- 3+ years working on-set in Film and/or TV production environment.
- Experience using both still and video cameras, including extensive knowledge of f-stop, shutter speed/angles, depth of field, etc.
- Strong understanding of video signals, connectors, and cabling with the ability to troubleshoot problems quickly and while under pressure.
- Experience with file and data wrangling with meticulous organization.
- Ability to physically lift and move heavy objects and equipment.
- Comfortable with working long hours during production shoots.
- Fluent knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel).
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests at once from various disciplines such as our ADs, animators, and directors.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to perform jobs efficiently.
- Possess disciplined workflow practices with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Tremendous reliability & commitment to quality work and performance.
- Ability to stay calm, work hard, and be dedicated to finding solutions.
- Strong tech, math, and 3D problem-solving skills.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with editing software such as Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Please note, this position will be based in our Bethpage, Long Island, NY location.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.