At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar is seeking a Set Builder with experience in both fabrication and production of sets and props, who will provide support to our performance capture studio facility in Bethpage, Long Island. During preproduction you will be involved in the planning and fabrication of stage sets and custom props, in addition to technical tools designed specifically for our performance capture studio.
During production you will coordinate and execute various set changes throughout the day, building and striking sets continuously. Your focus will be to ensure all stage elements are accurately built and placed so that they match their virtual counterpart. Much of this work is done onset within a high pressure and fast-pace environment. You and your work will often set the pace of our production on a busy stage.
An unconditional focus and high energy level will be required along with the ability to prioritize multiple requests at once from various disciplines such as animators and directors. In addition to onset responsibilities, the successful candidate will help maintain a functional and safe facility, performing repairs, improvements, and organizational tasks.
- Coordinate props and set builds for our performance capture studio.
- Custom prop fabrication.
- Upkeep of workshop, prop and production areas.
- Product research and development.
- Facility maintenance and repair.
- 2+ years production experience.
- Ability to physically lift and move heavy objects and equipment.
- Strong interest in both animation and production.
- Highly motivated and passionate about the projects at hand.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be extremely organized and responsive.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize tasks and get the job done efficiently.
- Must possess disciplined workflow practices with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Tremendous reliability & commitment to quality work and performance.
- Ability to stay calm, work hard, and be dedicated to finding solutions even under the tightest of deadlines and most stressful situations.
- Strong technological problem-solving skills and a high level attention to detail.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel).
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Proficiency in steel and aluminum welding and all areas of carpentry.
- Thorough understanding and passion for Rockstar's games.
- Please note, this position will be based in our Bethpage, Long Island, NY location.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.