At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Toronto is on the lookout for a recent computer science graduate or junior engineer to help us in developing advanced animation systems. You should have strong coding skills, an interest in character animation, and passion for our games. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Toronto.
WHAT WE DO
- We develop animation technology, from performance capture through to a sophisticated runtime engine, for massive open world games.
- We are a global team of programmers and researchers who collaborate on pushing the boundaries of character animation on next generation hardware.
- We support and work closely with gameplay, animation and technical art teams, across multiple projects at different Rockstar studios.
- Help us develop, maintain, extend and support an extensive runtime animation system, pipeline and tools.
- Learn to implement well designed, robust, highly optimal new animation system features, integrating them into our existing animation, physics and AI systems.
- Support the external users of the animation system and be proactive in looking for improvements to feature interfaces, functionality and workflow.
- As your skills and experience grow, independently research and develop improvements to continuously push our technology forward.
- Degree in computer science or related discipline.
- Experience developing software within a group/team or working with a large existing codebase.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills, OO design skills and 3D math background.
- Passion for character-based games, good eye for character and animation aesthetics.
- Interest in learning about character animation technology.
- Familiarity with common optimization and multi-threading techniques.
- Good communication skills, ability to clearly share complex technical information with other programmers, animators and technical artists.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Ability to demonstrate a personal project (an app or game).
- Any knowledge of character animation technology (e.g. blend trees, asset management and streaming, AI/script control).
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.