At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is on the lookout for experienced Technical Producers who possess a passion for collaborating with distributed teams to facilitate the progress and completion of projects that service our external and internal customers. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar's studio in Carlsbad. Whether it’s the beach or mountains, San Diego is considered one of the best places to live year-round.
WHAT WE DO
- We create connected experiences that are found across our game franchises.
- We create online services for our games, including matchmaking, cloud saves, player stats, leaderboards, and more.
- We improve existing features as well as architect new solutions to support the development of the Social Club community and website.
- We create innovative in-game experiences, including user-generated content.
- We build services and tools that support our consumer-facing experiences and our internal business needs.
- We create companion apps to our games, including second screen experiences on mobile, tablet and the web.
- Create and maintain project schedules and milestone documentation, monitoring the progress of milestones and specific tasks against those schedules.
- Identify other teams within Rockstar with necessary technical knowledge and responsibilities to cultivate relationships in order to drive a project forward.
- Identify all groups and teams affected by a project, and involve them – solicit their input on requirements and follow up through execution to confirm requirements are being met.
- Hold regular meetings with the project teams, individuals and business partners to discuss status, resolve issues and share information.
- Drive consensus on technical decisions to satisfy requirements.
- Break down large or complex projects into meaningful subprojects.
- Ensure a common understanding and agreement on project scope and goals and on any subsequent changes.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a production / development environment.
- Familiarity with programming and/or scripting languages (e.g. C++, Python).
- Strong understanding of software development and project management processes and practices.
- Strong ability to work with various producers, developers and testers across multiple studios and projects.
- Experience working with distributed teams and facilitating effective virtual and in-person meetings.
- Familiarity with Agile Development methodologies.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel), Hansoft, JIRA, Confluence and other project tracking and bug database software.
- Excellent organizational & prioritization skills, attention to detail, process knowledge and ability to multi-task.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively across product, development, and management teams.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Certifications such as PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CSPO.
- Experience in the games industry preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar Games recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.