At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar New York is looking for a highly capable and experienced video editor who can work with a team to capture game footage and edit video game trailers to the highest standard. The ideal candidate will have experience with both drama and documentary and able to craft a compelling narrative. This is a hands-on position, capturing footage alone or working with a team of capture artists, and then editing a high quality trailer.
Storytelling is a very important aspect of our games, so the editor must be able to communicate the emotional content and excitement of a game within a 60 second format. This is an interactive procedure, part of the trailer making process is shooting scenes in a virtual 3D world using proprietary tools. You will need to be not only an editor but a director and cinematographer as well.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Video team is responsible for shooting, editing, and creating all aspects of trailers and other videos related to Rockstar Games.
- We work closely with the Marketing and Art teams to devise a creative strategy and vision.
- We produce multiple versions of videos for various different international locations and platforms.
- Create game trailers, TV commercials, and other marketing and production-based materials.
- Edit high-end marketing materials in both a supervised and unsupervised capacity.
- Initiate concepts and work within a team to develop the best assets possible.
- Take responsibility for projects and self-produce/direct when necessary, or alternatively work closely with a director to realize a specific vision.
- 5+ years of editing experience.
- Fluency in AVID media composer interface.
- Experience working under tight deadlines and maintaining a positive attitude under pressure is required.
- Keen interest and knowledge of video games.
- People skills and ability to work as part of a team are of utmost importance.
- Ability to take direction when required, while also able to autonomously direct a team to capture specific game footage when necessary.
- Please note that a reel or portfolio site is required to be considered for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.