At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Analytics team provide insights and actionable results to a wide variety of stakeholders across the organization in support of their decision making.
- We work together with a number of departments to design and implement data and pipelines.
- We collaborate as a global team to develop cutting-edge data pipelines, data products, data models, reports, analyses and machine learning applications.
- Help shape and execute the Data & Data Science strategy.
- Lead in-depth rigorous end-to-end data and analytics projects.
- Manage the delivery of consumer-ready analysis to team leadership, live producers, product managers, and partner groups.
- Assure Rockstar’s ongoing competitive advantage through best-in-class analytics initiatives that have a high potential of applicability in the games industry.
- Promote data, statistics, and experimentation best practices across the organization.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to initiate, lead or contribute to large-scale/complex strategic projects.
- Engage with stakeholders to build, prototype and validate scalable tools/applications end to end (backend, frontend, data) for converting data to insights and applications.
- Lead the delivery of analytic experiments aligned with long-term, strategic initiatives.
- Lead the delivery of machine learning-enabled solutions to address critical business or game questions.
- Act as a subject matter expert for data availability, quality, and analysis possibilities on all of our games.
- Lead the delivery of frameworks, models, tools, and processes to ensure data influences decisions at all levels.
- Lead and inspire a team of world class team leads, providing leadership through coaching and mentorship on a regular basis.
- Lead the recruitment of the best in class data scientists and analysts to help grow our team.
- 5+ years in a data science or similar role in the marketing, finance, forensics, or technology fields required.
- 5+ years of experience in machine learning/statistical languages and systems such as Python, , R, and.
- 8+ years of experience in people management.
- Experience at a gaming company highly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of machine learning techniques and pipelines.
- Extensive knowledge and passion for the gaming industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, with a strong quantitative background.
- Excellent communication skills - ability to develop and maintain good relations and integrate with people at all hierarchical levels across the organization.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to reconcile technical and business perspectives.
- Autonomy and entrepreneurship.
- Strong mentoring abilities.
- Strong team spirit.
- Passion for Rockstar Games and our titles.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with Hadoop, an asset.
- Graduate degree (MBA, MSc or Master’s, PHD), an asset.
- Game industry experience strongly desired.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.