At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar India is on the lookout for talented Character Animators who possess a passion for Animation in video games industry. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Bangalore.
WHAT WE DO
- We create cutscenes, cinematic sequences and open world gameplay mechanics that are used to make immersive experiences for all Rockstar video games.
- We are involved in the planning and direction of motion capture shoots.
- We work as a global animation and design team to problem solve and implement cinematic vignettes and player experiences.
- We embellish performance, emphasizing weight, timing, & silhouette to create visually stunning animation throughout our game.
- We use our own motion capture facilities to prototype new systems and fine-tune the results with the Animation Directors.
- We review animations and implement feedback from lead reviews.
- Using motion capture data as a base, create stunning animations that are fluid, responsive, and cinematic.
- Work closely with our global studios to create immersive game experiences.
- Implement, troubleshoot and debug animation systems.
- Help improve animation pipelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art / Animation or equivalent Animation Courses.
- Outstanding demo reel.
- Positive, solution-orientated individual, with deep-rooted interest in video games, and game development.
- Exceptional skill in animating the human figure to create realistic character animations with motion capture data.
- Strong understanding of development issues in getting animations into a game.
- Bring innovation and resolution to technical problems and challenges throughout production.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work closely with members of our global teams.
- Thrive to learn constantly and be receptive to the changes.
- Be able to manage own self and be a team player.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Practical knowledge of programming languages (Python, C# / C++, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of Motion Builder and motion capture.
- Professional experience developing third person action games.
- Practical knowledge of state machines, motion trees, and cutting-edge animation technology.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.