Manager, Corporate Innovation Services (London)
RocketSpace is a global ecosystem of people and ideas that provides the necessary velocity - speed and direction - to help the world’s top innovators bring the future to market. Founded in San Francisco in 2011, its technology campuses were designed to help tech start-ups scale. 8 years later we are proud to have 23 alumni members now in “unicorn” status. Whilst the technology campuses will always remain a key part of our story, RocketSpace’s core focus is now helping transform traditional corporate conglomerates into digital conglomerates, to fuel continuous growth through the creation and execution of robust innovation strategies and by tapping into its ecosystem of startups from around the world.
We are a global organization and believe success won’t come from a single person, a single team, or a single campus. We define our success by how well we work together as a global team in the pursuit of mutual, long-term, meaningful impact. We aim to create an environment and corporate culture where you have the opportunity to combine your passion and ideas with those of your colleagues in order to help RocketSpace realize the full potential of the opportunity in front of us. Join us on this adventure.
About the Role
RocketSpace’s Corporate Innovation Services (CIS) business supports corporations on their innovation journeys from visioning to scaling. CIS is razor focussed on future-proofing corporates by helping them to “see around corners,” identify and measure innovative ROI opportunities and understand their execution path to the future. Our expertise in corporate open innovation gives the corporate world the opportunity to identify and engage with startups around the globe to help drive disruptive innovation.
As Innovation Manager, you will lead the day-to-day coordination and delivery of multiple innovation activities and accelerator programs, with some the world’s leading organizations across different industry verticals. You will work with large corporates and start-ups to foster successful open innovation collaboration, finding creative, effective ways to enable mutually-beneficial engagement. You will also manage the planning and execution of key events, including kick-off and demo-days.
This is a crucial role as we scale our business globally. The Manager will initially report directly into the Vice President, Corporate Innovation Services EMEA. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person who has a passion for innovation and technology, the right mix of consultancy experience couple with entrepreneurial flair and the grit and desire to be part of an exciting growth story.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Design and lead delivery of custom engagements and associated outputs, taking ownership of day-to-day client management and the development of high-quality client deliverables and recommendations
- Support all phases of custom engagements, from the strategy definition process and development across activities and programs to post execution activities including investment and M&A
- Build domain expertise; attend related events to learn, develop and connect
- Assist with planning and delivering internal events to continuously engage with the ecosystem
- Organise innovation program events including kick-off, pilot strategy sessions, and demo-days
- Gather client and stakeholder feedback to constantly iterate and improve activities
- Encourage a collaborative, high-performing culture with a focus on customer satisfaction
Who You Are
- Intellectually curious with strong analytic skills & an unusual ability to think creatively and expansively
- Strategic mindset and focus, with operational, get-it-done capabilities and a startup mentality
- A self-starter who takes ownership to make things happen and consistently delivers with a kaizen mindset
- A problem solver who acts in the interests of the customer, doing the right thing and things right
- A real team player – able to build strong relationships and work with people from diverse backgrounds, internally and externally
- A compelling communicator who can engage effectively with clients and foster positive relationships between the various program stakeholders
- Passion for and belief in driving the eco-system between corporates, startups and investors
- An excellent team player, able to interact cross-functionally at different levels and with multiple styles of stakeholders
- Accustomed to working in a target-driven environment meeting tight deadlines
- A positive, energetic, optimistic attitude, and not afraid to roll up your sleeves
- Willing to travel locally or globally at short notice to meet client demand
Skills, Experience and Education
- Strong academic record (minimum of Bachelor’s Degree required) and a willingness to continue learning
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience, including demonstrable strategy and innovation consulting experience
- Have demonstrated entrepreneurial passion, acumen and experience; ability to explore business opportunities in a structured yet iterative way; experience with ‘lean startup’, agile, MVP product model or similar development approaches
- Strong organisational skills and project management experience – ability to set priorities, problem-solve, multi-task and work well in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Benefits and Perks
RocketSpace team members enjoy competitive compensation and benefits program including generous time off, pension scheme, wellness incentives, cell phone allowance, commuter allowance to offset daily travel costs, discounted gym memberships, and more.
RocketSpace's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, Vietnam era/disabled veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetics, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.