General Manager, London Campus
RocketSpace is bringing the future to market. It is an exciting time to be in the technology industry. Every day our team wakes up looking for ways we can help bring corporate clients and startups together to drive growth and build their respective businesses. The ecosystem we’ve built, and the services we provide, are specifically designed to increase velocity and add the support necessary to empower startups and global corporations to work closely together in order to disrupt existing markets and create new ones.
RocketSpace is a global organization and we believe success won’t come from a single person, a single team, or a single campus. We define our success by how well we work together as a team across all campuses in the pursuit of mutual, long-term, meaningful impact. We aim to create an environment and corporate culture where you have the opportunity to combine your passion and ideas with those of your colleagues in order to help RocketSpace realize the full potential of the opportunity in front of us. Join us on this adventure.
About the Role
RocketSpace is a network of high-performance workspaces exclusively for tech startups. Founded in San Francisco, we’re on a mission to build a global community of high growth startups and connect them to the network, resources, and community they need to scale.
We are launching a full time position that will report to CEO based in San Francisco. The GM will play a key role in expanding the RocketSpace brand globally and building on our reputation for helping tech startups connect with our network of members, corporates and VC’s to achieve their goals.
As a GM, you are the chief executive of the Campus, ultimately responsible for financial and operational excellence, member experience, and extending the RocketSpace brand to the right people. Business development, active sales participation, P&L responsibilities, local marketing, campus programming and events — all of these sit under the GM.
You’ll be tasked with continually improving the Campus, understanding your local market, and delivering on a quality hospitality experience for our members and anyone who walks through our doors.
This is an executive opportunity at a fast-growing company with the ability to shape the strategic direction of the company. It requires someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves and work side-by-side with their sales and operations teams. If you have strong operations & sales background coupled with passion and expertise in the startup world with a desire and drive to want to help us create the best tech ecosystem on the planet, this is the role for you.
What You'll Do
Lead the Campus team:
- Create a high quality, curated member environment
- Achieve and maintain 100% occupancy on campus
- Oversee & maximize campus events ensuring sales goals are met and event spaces are profitable and occupied to the highest degree with both member enrichment events and revenue generating opportunities
- Manage the facility to RocketSpace 5-star operational and hospitality standards
- Manage 3rd party vendor relationships at a senior level
- Manage P&L success including RevPad, SIN, CapEx and expenses
- Oversight and review, including building documents, preventative maintenance programs & 3rd party vendor contracts
- Build and maintain a network of partner organizations (angel groups, VCs, universities, local and regional government and accelerators)
- Build a strong environment on Campus including connecting founders to each other, VCs, and our corporate partners where relevant
- Represent RocketSpace in the local community by and attending networking events with the sales team
- Qualify all new members applying to campus
- Oversee regular programming & events to make sure we’re creating a valuable experience for members
- Build the RocketSpace reputation through outreach and business development
Sales & Operations
- Ensure the Campus is running smoothly from an operations & process perspective
- Oversight and responsibility including manage member turn-over
- Take an active role in sales including tours, accounts and targeted goals
- Mentor the Campus team and make recommendations for promotions
- Regular feedback, goal setting and annual team reviews
- Work with the Campus team to produce reports for HQ
- Profitability and Member Satisfaction
- RevPad, SIN, P&L
- ZenDesk user survey response times and member satisfaction
- Google & Yelp Campus Reviews
- Passionate about building things (teams, companies, people)
- A connector and relationship-builder - you’re the person who knows everyone
- Willing to get your hands dirty - we’re a small but mighty team and need people with the ability to roll up their sleeves and work side-by-side with their team to get it done
- Great at multi-tasking and prioritizing
- Kaizen! (constantly improving yourself and your peers)
- 5+ years of experience in operations and sales management; startup experience preferred
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- Strong understanding of & network in the startup / VC ecosystem
- Experience managing a team (including both sales and operations)
- Entrepreneurial DNA
RocketSpace's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, Vietnam era/disabled veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. RocketSpace policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any protected classes. RocketSpace has established a continuing Affirmative Action Program to assure equal employment opportunity in all its policy decisions affecting recruitment, selection, assignment, promotion, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment.