Director, Business Development- San Francisco
RocketSpace is bringing the future to market. It is an exciting time to be in the technology industry. Every day our team wakes up looking for ways we can help bring corporate clients and startups together to drive growth and build their respective businesses. The ecosystem we’ve built, and the services we provide, are specifically designed to increase velocity and add the support necessary to empower startups and global corporations to work closely together in order to disrupt existing markets and create new ones.
RocketSpace is a global organization and we believe success won’t come from a single person, a single team, or a single campus. We define our success by how well we work together as a team across all campuses in the pursuit of mutual, long-term, meaningful impact. We aim to create an environment and corporate culture where you have the opportunity to combine your passion and ideas with those of your colleagues in order to help RocketSpace realize the full potential of the opportunity in front of us. Join us on this adventure.
About the Role
As Director of Business Development for our Corporate Innovation Services Program, you’ll be responsible for developing strategic relationships and selling solutions to enterprise customers around the world. Reporting to the SVP, Corporate Innovation Services, this role requires the candidate to become a trusted advisor to corporates in the fields of Corporate Innovation and the Startup Ecosystem as you help them navigate their Innovation path, incorporating RocketSpace products along the way.
This role entails both new business and existing account management. Your job will be to uncover new opportunities and work alongside a world class delivery team where you will build and cultivate C-level relationships, meet revenue targets, and work with our Product team to deliver optimum client satisfaction. You will be responsible for identifying key influencers and building critical relationships through client engagement and execution within Fortune 500 companies.You will be allocated a selection of existing accounts to develop as well as expected to create and follow up on leads for new business
The ideal candidate is a consummate sales professional - passionate about innovation, with an understanding of how to help corporations change how they work/operate, and how to leverage the startup community to achieve that change. This individual will actively evangelize the RocketSpace story and the impact of the work we do for corporate partners. With our experience, credibility, and case studies, we believe this is our market to lose. Our goal is to work with 50% of the Fortune 500 in the next two years. This is an amazing opportunity to join a rapidly growing team that is rich with passion and tenacity, in one of the most exciting enterprise sales and business development opportunities around!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding sales quotas upwards of $2M.
- Become a trusted advisor to our corporate clients - helping them to identify and execute a robust strategic vision of how to best leverage the startup ecosystem to drive their corporate innovation agenda.
- Demonstrate ability to find, manage, and close high level enterprise business relationships.
- A polished presenter - building and managing C-level relationships, prioritization, presentations, and negotiations.
- Independently secure and run great executive meetings to help our prospective customers understand the value of RocketSpace and our Corporate Innovation Services Program.
- Develop and execute on a strategic sales plan for the territory and support the creation of reliable forecasts.
- Work collaboratively with the Corporate Innovation Services Delivery Team to ensure all sales have a smooth and proper transition from sales to delivery.
- Support delivery of programs through effective client engagement.
- Listen to the needs of the market and share with our Corporate Innovation Services Delivery team.
- Continually assess the market to identify great target opportunities and connect with senior executives that could potential be our next corporate partners.
- Leverage your skills and experience to continually help evolve the sales process.
- Travel anywhere from 25%-50% of the time.
Who You Are
- You have a strong competitive spirit, but with a high Team orientation, promoting a culture of openness and flexibility and helping contribute to a collaborative and positive work environment.
- You have a strong interest in entrepreneurship and startups.
- You are personally and professionally passionate about finding creative, effective ways to enable large companies to capitalize on big opportunities through mutually-beneficial engagement with the startup community.
- People like you and you like people! This is a job for extroverts - and we like to work hard and play hard together - bring your sense of fun with you!
- You have a high sales process orientation – thorough, detailed, organized.
- You’re responsive to quick changes and able to keep up with the pace of inquiries and discussions.
- You have the strong ability to work cross-functionally within prospects to engage multiple decision-makers in the buying process.
- You have high levels of motivation, self-direction, and the ability to lead and influence others.
- You consistently demonstrate excellent discretion, judgment, tact, and diplomacy.
- You have an energetic, positive, helpful demeanor and a passion and interest in RocketSpace.
Skills, Experience and Education
- B.S. / B.A. degree (or equivalent) from an accredited educational institution; MBA a plus.
- 7-10+ years of experience in a quota carrying a sales role, preferably in an Enterprise Services or SaaS based environment.
- Experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles.
- Experience in writing high-value proposals and contracts.
- Experience managing the sales cycle from business champion to the CEO/CFO level.
- Fluent in Salesforce for active lead management and pipeline management.
- Strong client-facing, engagement management skills.
- Clear, effective communication – both verbal and written.
- “Can do” attitude with a proven ability to work as part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to consistently produce exceptional results with limited resources.
Benefits and Perks
RocketSpace team members enjoy competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off, 401(k), commuter benefits, health incentives, free lunches, and more.
RocketSpace's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, Vietnam era/disabled veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetics, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.