Rocket Travel is looking for a Senior Director of Business Development to proactively lead Rocket Travel by Agoda’s efforts to source, assess and close new business development initiatives globally.
Rocket Travel is a place where you:
- Work with teammates across the globe who have a passion for finding solutions backed by data and strategy.
- Take moonshots by going above and beyond to hit and exceed our goals as a team.
- Rise together by working collectively to elevate ourselves, supporting one another and catching each other when we fall.
- Own decisions and take action that can be implemented in a matter of days (or hours).
- Get inspired and encouraged by vacationing faster, with an annual vacation stipend.
- Receive a competitive compensation package, including bonus, 401k with match, flexible vacation time, maternity and paternity benefits, health, and dental insurance.
- Total Compensation is based on experience - Salary: The starting salary for this role is $165,000 with a bonus of up to 33%
- Can have a flexible work schedule. We have great offices in Chicago’s West Loop and in NYC’s Empire State building, we have a hybrid team, and a flexible work environment
- Share your passion for travel with equally adventurous and spontaneous teammates.
- Work within Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG) group of companies to create travel solutions that build customer loyalty through customized value propositions for partners around the world
As a Sr. Director of Business Development at Rocket Travel, you will:
- Develop and execute a strategic sales strategy to generate, negotiate, and close new business opportunities while giving specific attention to opportunities across travel, financial and ecommerce industries.
- Source industry-leading conference opportunities and ensure effective outcomes by uncovering new business leads and/or further developing existing relationships.
- Design customized presentation materials, proposals, and economic models ensuring the best approach to winning new business.
- Develop and maintain a positive rapport with key stakeholders, both internally and externally, to ensure cross-collaboration and strong communication to more effectively close opportunities.
- Manage new and existing partner business opportunities across North America, South America, Australia and Europe. Align with the commercial leads to support an overarching global strategy.
- Oversee the execution of partner contracts including the creation and/or review of any Statements of Work (SOWs) or Master Service Agreements (MSAs).
- Conduct new prospect presentations and ensure timely response to Requests for Proposal (RFPs).
- Champion corporate initiatives including partner segmentation, targeting, and analytics; business development standard operating procedures (SOPs); and commercial integration such as Economic modeling (ROI), Business Development Targeting, Prioritization of Pipeline, Salesforce (CRM), and travel industry insights.
- Collaborate with various departments across the organization in support of the overall business growth strategy including Product, BizOps, Marketing, Legal, and Finance.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree or certifications a plus.
- 10+ years of experience in business development/sales, preferably in the travel or technology sector with demonstrated ability to present to senior level executives across the industry.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Suite products, Slack, LinkedIn, and Salesforce. Conga and Responsive are a plus.
- Team player who is highly service-oriented, independent, patient, flexible, and calm under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment.
- Strong organizational, time management, attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; offering constructive feedback and direction to support business development goals.
- Ability to travel globally (~25%).
About Rocket Travel by Agoda
Rocket Travel by Agoda is a travel technology company founded in 2012 under our flagship consumer facing product, rocketmiles.com. Since then, we have evolved to partner with some of the largest consumer travel brands in the world creating white-label solutions that allow customers to earn and redeem miles and points for booking hotels, rental cars, flights and activities. Our global partnerships range from world-class airlines to international banks to large-scale shopping platforms. We help our partners develop successful go-to-market strategies through marketing expertise and data to support their overall growth.
We attract customers from every corner of the globe with a seamless user experience that's built in-house from ideation to finished product: our team includes front- and back-end developers, customer service, data analysts, designers, marketers, accountants, partnership sales, and managers.
Rocket Travel by Agoda is dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone has the opportunity to reach new heights in their career, and expand their knowledge working alongside talented, dedicated colleagues. We encourage all applicants with a touch of wanderlust to apply to our team, as we work toward helping our travelers reach the vacation of their dreams.
Note on general employment requirements
Candidates should be authorized to accept employment in the US from any employer, should be willing to start within three weeks of accepting an offer, and should be able to work the same daily working hours as our Chicago office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
A Final Word:
To all recruitment agencies: Rocket Travel by Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other organization location. Rocket Travel by Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.