About the Role
Rocket Travel is looking for an Engineering Manager with deep expertise with fullstack in frontend and backend technologies to join our rapidly growing global engineering team. We're a hybrid team headquartered out of Chicago's West Loop, with team members spread out across the globe.
Rocket Travel is a place where you:
- Work with teammates across the globe who have a passion for finding solutions backed by data and strategy.
- Take moonshots by going above and beyond to hit and exceed our goals as a team.
- Rise together by working collectively to elevate ourselves, supporting one another and catching each other when we fall.
- Own decisions and take action that can be implemented in a matter of days (or hours).
- Get inspired and encouraged by vacationing faster, with an annual vacation stipend.
- Receive a competitive compensation package, including bonus, 401k with match, flexible vacation time, maternity and paternity benefits, health, and dental insurance.
- Total Compensation is based on experience - the starting point for base salary is $155,000. The target bonus for this position is up to 25%
- Can work remotely. Though we have great offices in Chicago’s West Loop and in NYC’s Empire State building, we welcome full-time remote applicants. Note that this role is only accepting US based candidates at this time.
- Share your passion for travel with equally adventurous and spontaneous teammates.
- Work within Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG) group of companies to create travel solutions that build customer loyalty through customized value propositions for partners around the world.
As an Engineering Manager at Rocket Travel, you will:
- Have a large impact on the success of the frontend discipline as a whole.
- Identify and provide technical leadership to high-value projects and keep your team focused on these projects.
- Manage engineers, and serve as a technical mentor for them in their career progression, offering feedback, giving mentoring, and reviewing performance.
- Spend much less time writing code, but still engage in small technical deliverables such as bug fixes and small features, in order to unblock your engineers and increase overall velocity.
- Be responsible for identifying bottlenecks in the process and roadblocks to success of your team and clearing these roadblocks.
- Identify resourcing needs for the team and be heavily involved in the recruiting and onboarding new engineers.
At Rocket Travel, we’re building a diverse team that values accountability, curiosity, and community. If you share these values and are interested in joining us, we’d love to talk with you even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements listed here. We don’t expect anyone to have all the answers, as long as they’re willing to learn and grow with us.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or closely related degree or equivalent practical experience.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience.
- You have a minimum of 5 years experience in
- Working in an agile development team in the Software engineering discipline.
- Making data driven decisions.
- Working as a system owner with operational responsibility.
- Working across the technology stack: infrastructure, client side, back end, performance, data and others.
- Systems architecture in complex, scalable and fault tolerant distributed systems.
- DevOps, Automation and CI/CD.
- You have a passion for quality.
- You have experience leading distributed teams and successfully shipping products.
- You can communicate effectively and clearly.
- You don’t hesitate to read and write the code.
- You have deployed applications to AWS or a similar cloud provider.
- You love to travel & have or will obtain a valid passport. Rocket loves sending their people to train and work with others in some of our global locations from time to time. Not a frequent request but just in case, we'd love to know you might have interest.
About Rocket Travel by Agoda
Rocket Travel by Agoda is a travel technology company founded in 2012 under our flagship consumer facing product, rocketmiles.com. Since then, we have evolved to partner with some of the largest consumer travel brands in the world creating white-label solutions that allow customers to earn and redeem miles and points for booking hotels, rental cars, flights and activities. Our global partnerships range from world-class airlines to international banks to large-scale shopping platforms. We help our partners develop successful go-to-market strategies through marketing expertise and data to support their overall growth.
We attract customers from every corner of the globe with a seamless user experience that's built in-house from ideation to finished product: our team includes front- and back-end developers, customer service, data analysts, designers, marketers, accountants, partnership sales, and managers.
Rocket Travel by Agoda is dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone has the opportunity to reach new heights in their career, and expand their knowledge working alongside talented, dedicated colleagues. We encourage all applicants with a touch of wanderlust to apply to our team, as we work toward helping our travelers reach the vacation of their dreams.
Note on general employment requirements
Candidates should be authorized to accept employment in the US from any employer, should be willing to start within three weeks of accepting an offer, and should be able to work the same daily working hours as our Chicago office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
A Final Word:
To all recruitment agencies: Rocket Travel by Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other organization location. Rocket Travel by Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.