About the Role
Rocket Travel is looking for a Business Operations & Analytics Manager to join our growing team. In this role, you’ll work cross functionally with every department at Rocket and work on small tasks or big projects with immediate value added to the company. The BizOps team is synonymous with data, using data to investigate product issues, build revenue management strategies, forecast future partner success and tell stories about customers and their journeys through our product funnels.
Rocket Travel is a place where you:
- Work with teammates across the globe who have a passion for finding solutions backed by data and strategy.
- Take moonshots by going above and beyond to hit and exceed our goals as a team.
- Rise together by working collectively to elevate ourselves, supporting one another and catching each other when we fall.
- Own decisions and take action that can be implemented in a matter of days (or hours).
- Get inspired and encouraged by vacationing faster, with an annual vacation stipend.
- Receive a competitive compensation package, including a starting base salary of around $90,000 and a discretionary bonus of up to 19%
- Can have a flexible work schedule. We have an amazing office in New York City, NY and Chicago with Chicago being the preferred location for this role. We have a hybrid team and a flexible work environment. This role will be required to collaborate in-person with our teams as necessary.
- Share your passion for travel with equally adventurous teammates.
- Work within the largest online travel company in the world. Rocket Travel creates B2C and B2B2C travel products and is part of Booking Holdings (BKNG). We have many worldwide partners and a diversified business. Booking Holdings has been rated the healthiest company in travel, and Rocket itself is already seeing travel demand surpass pre-pandemic levels
As a Business Operations & Analytics Manager, you will:
- Become a leader in Business Intelligence at Rocket. From creating and maintaining our internal BI tools to building new visualizations that easily interpret complex data, you will become a go to source at Rocket for all things data related.
- Lead projects to optimize both top-line and bottom-line growth. From supporting new partner forecasts to testing revenue management strategies to analyzing customer behaviors, you will be a key contributor for financial growth at Rocket.
- Work closely with our EPD (Engineering, Product, Design) team. As a tech company first and foremost, part of your role will be to engage with leaders on the Product side to help prioritize and size sprint tickets and make decisions on A/B tests based on both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Manage your own deadlines across projects. There will be short turnarounds for some projects, and longer engagements for others. You know how to manage your time and balance both.
- Be scrappy. We’re a small team and often wear many hats. Some projects may not be completely defined. This individual will take a resourceful approach to what’s needed and drive results.
- You have 5+ years of strong analytical skills that include: SQL Lab, Python or R for data modeling, and Excel
- You have the desire to collaborate with Data Science & Data Engineering teams
- You understand technical requirements of the business
- You have strong communication skills and can see a project through inception to completion
- You have a background using a BI or data visualization tool
- You like being a jack of all trades. You have the ability to think broadly about the big picture and use that foresight to dig deep into different functional areas
- You enjoy telling stories. Data is only as powerful as how it is presented. Part of the role of BizOps is finding the insights most valuable to others and explicitly creating digestible headlines and actionable next steps.
- Tasks that are routine in nature seem boring. Each day is a new adventure with new problems to solve. There are few repetitive tasks that you will complete in this role and weekly priorities likely change 2-3 times in a given week.
- You are a natural problem solver. You are comfortable with ambiguity and are great both at asking questions and finding the answers. You are comfortable with large datasets and can build out full analysis without relying on others.
- You are excited about working for a travel brand. Beyond what is happening within Rocket, you constantly want to learn more about macro industry trends and how you can bring those insights to Rocket products.
About Rocket Travel by Agoda
Rocket Travel by Agoda is a travel technology company founded in 2012 under our flagship consumer facing product, rocketmiles.com. Since then, we have evolved to partner with some of the largest consumer travel brands in the world creating white-label solutions that allow customers to earn and redeem miles and points for booking hotels, rental cars, flights and activities. Our global partnerships range from world-class airlines to international banks to large-scale shopping platforms. We help our partners develop successful go-to-market strategies through marketing expertise and data to support their overall growth.
We attract customers from every corner of the globe with a seamless user experience that's built in-house from ideation to finished product: our team includes front- and back-end developers, customer service, data analysts, designers, marketers, accountants, partnership sales, and managers.
Rocket Travel by Agoda is dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone has the opportunity to reach new heights in their career, and expand their knowledge working alongside talented, dedicated colleagues. We encourage all applicants with a touch of wanderlust to apply to our team, as we work toward helping our travelers reach the vacation of their dreams.
Note on general employment requirements
Candidates should be authorized to accept employment in the US from any employer, should be willing to start within three weeks of accepting an offer, and should be able to work the same daily working hours as our Chicago office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
A Final Word:
To all recruitment agencies: Rocket Travel by Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other organization location. Rocket Travel by Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.