About the Role
Rocket Travel is looking for a Director, Business Operations & Analytics to join and lead our growing BizOps team.The BizOps team has 3 core overlapping responsibilities which consist of Business Analytics, Business Intelligence and Business Strategy. In this particular role, you’ll work cross functionally with every department at Rocket and work on small tasks or big projects with immediate value added to the company.
Rocket Travel is a place where you:
- Work with teammates across the globe who have a passion for finding solutions backed by data and strategy.
- Take moonshots by going above and beyond to hit and exceed our goals as a team.
- Rise together by working collectively to elevate ourselves, supporting one another and catching each other when we fall.
- Own decisions and take action that can be implemented in a matter of days (or hours).
- Get inspired and encouraged by vacationing faster, with an annual vacation stipend.
- Receive a competitive compensation package, including bonus, 401k with match, flexible vacation time, maternity and paternity benefits, health, and dental insurance.
- Total Compensation is based on experience - Salary: The starting base salary for this role is $165,000 with a discretionary target bonus of up to 33%.
- Can have a flexible work schedule. We have great offices in Chicago’s West Loop and in NYC’s Empire State building, we have a hybrid team, and a flexible work environment.
- Share your passion for travel with equally adventurous teammates.
- Work within Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG) group of companies to create travel solutions that build customer loyalty through customized value propositions for partners around the world
As a Director, Business Operations & Analytics at Rocket Travel, you will:
- Lead projects to optimize both top-line and bottom-line growth. From supporting new partner forecasts to testing revenue management strategies to analyzing customer behaviors, you will be a key contributor for financial growth at Rocket.
- Identify gaps in our business and propose creative solutions. As the traveler adapts to a new age of travel, Rocket continues to grow as a company alongside the trends.
- Become a leader in Business Intelligence practices at Rocket. From creating and maintaining our internal BI tool to building new visualizations to easily interpret complex data, you will become a go to source at Rocket for all things data related.
- Work closely with and advising the Leadership Team - communication with leadership highlighting problems and potential solutions is key in this role. Focusing on constant improvement in the business outcomes.
- Solve problems that have not been solved before. The BizOps team is here to help solve all problems and questions that our internal team members are facing. Being comfortable in ambiguity and being able to work in large datasets without the help of others is a key part of this role.
- Work closely with our EPD (Engineering, Product, Design) team. As a tech company first and foremost, part of your role will be to engage with leaders on the Product side to help prioritize and size sprint tickets and make decisions on A/B tests based on both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Relentlessly prioritize across multiple time horizons. There will be short turnarounds for some projects, and longer engagements for others. You know how to manage the time needed from your team and balance both.
- Manage a diverse team of analysts and managers. In order to best suit the needs of the organization, BizOps has developed a team with a wide variety of strengths and talents.
- You have 8+ years of experience working within a relevant BizOps role with at least 4 of those years managing a team.
- You like being a jack of all trades. You have the ability to think broadly about the big picture and use that foresight to dig deep into different functional areas.
- You are not afraid of a challenge. You have previous experience working with SQL or large data sets and love solving complex problems.
- You enjoy telling stories with Data. Data is only as powerful as how it is presented. Part of the role of BizOps is finding the insights most valuable to others and explicitly creating digestible headlines and actionable next steps.
- Tasks that are routine in nature seem boring. Each day is a new adventure with new problems to solve and few repetitive tasks owned by this team.
- You are scrappy. We’re a small team and often wear many hats. Some projects may not be completely defined so this individual will need to take a resourceful approach to find what’s needed and unblock themselves.
- You are excited about working for a travel brand at a global scale. Beyond what is happening within Rocket, you constantly want to learn more about macro industry trends and how you can bring those insights to Rocket products.
About Rocket Travel by Agoda
Rocket Travel by Agoda is a travel technology company founded in 2012 under our flagship consumer facing product, rocketmiles.com. Since then, we have evolved to partner with some of the largest consumer travel brands in the world creating white-label solutions that allow customers to earn and redeem miles and points for booking hotels, rental cars, flights and activities. Our global partnerships range from world-class airlines to international banks to large-scale shopping platforms. We help our partners develop successful go-to-market strategies through marketing expertise and data to support their overall growth.
We attract customers from every corner of the globe with a seamless user experience that's built in-house from ideation to finished product: our team includes front- and back-end developers, customer service, data analysts, designers, marketers, accountants, partnership sales, and managers.
Rocket Travel by Agoda is dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone has the opportunity to reach new heights in their career, and expand their knowledge working alongside talented, dedicated colleagues. We encourage all applicants with a touch of wanderlust to apply to our team, as we work toward helping our travelers reach the vacation of their dreams.
Note on general employment requirements
Candidates should be authorized to accept employment in the US from any employer, should be willing to start within three weeks of accepting an offer, and should be able to work the same daily working hours as our Chicago office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
A Final Word:
To all recruitment agencies: Rocket Travel by Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other organization location. Rocket Travel by Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.