Rocket Travel is looking for a Senior Manager, Business Strategy & Analytics to join our growing BizOps team.The BizOps team has 3 core overlapping responsibilities which consist of Business Analytics, Business Intelligence and Business Strategy. In this particular role, you’ll work cross functionally with every department at Rocket and work on small tasks or big projects with immediate value added to the company.
Rocket Travel is a place where you:
- Work with a group of intrinsically motivated people with a track record for building successful new businesses from scratch.
- Embody curiosity, community, and accountability. We live and build products by these values every day.
- Own decisions and take action that can be implemented in a matter of days (or hours).
- Get inspired and encouraged to vacation faster, with an annual vacation stipend.
- Receive a competitive compensation package, including bonus, 401k with match, flexible vacation time, maternity and paternity benefits, health, and dental insurance.
- Total Compensation is based on experience - Salary: $100,000-$145,000 Bonus: up to 20%
- Can have a flexible work schedule. We have great offices in Chicago’s West Loop and in NYC’s Empire State building, we have a hybrid team, and a flexible work environment
- Share your passion for travel with equally adventurous teammates.
- Work within the largest online travel company in the world. Rocket Travel creates B2C and B2B2C travel products and is part of Booking Holdings (BKNG). We have many worldwide partners and a diversified business. Despite the world’s current situation, Booking Holdings has been rated the healthiest company in travel, and Rocket itself is already seeing travel demand surpass pre-pandemic levels
As a Senior Manager, Business Strategy at Rocket Travel, you will:
- Lead projects to optimize both top-line and bottom-line growth. From supporting new partner forecasts to testing revenue management strategies to analyzing customer behaviors, you will be a key contributor for financial growth at Rocket.
- Identify gaps in our business and propose creative solutions. As the traveler adapts to a new age of travel, Rocket continues to grow as a company alongside the trends.
- Become a leader in Business Intelligence practices at Rocket. From creating and maintaining our internal BI tool to building new visualizations to easily interpret complex data, you will become a go to source at Rocket for all things data related.
- Solve problems that have not been solved before. The BizOps team is here to help solve all problems and questions that our internal team members are facing. Being comfortable in ambiguity and being able to work in large datasets without the help of others is a key part of this role.
- Work closely with our EPD (Engineering, Product, Design) team. As a tech company first and foremost, part of your role will be to engage with leaders on the Product side to help prioritize and size sprint tickets and make decisions on A/B tests based on both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Relentlessly prioritize across multiple time horizons. There will be short turnarounds for some projects, and longer engagements for others. You know how to manage the time needed from your team and balance both.
- Manage a diverse team of analysts. In order to best suit the needs of the organization, BizOps has developed a team with a wide variety of strengths and talents.
- You like being a jack of all trades. You have the ability to think broadly about the big picture and use that foresight to dig deep into different functional areas.
- You are not afraid of a challenge. You have previous experience working with SQL or large data sets and love solving complex problems.
- You enjoy telling stories with Data. Data is only as powerful as how it is presented. Part of the role of BizOps is finding the insights most valuable to others and explicitly creating digestible headlines and actionable next steps.
- Tasks that are routine in nature seem boring. Each day is a new adventure with new problems to solve and few repetitive tasks owned by this team.
- You are scrappy. We’re a small team and often wear many hats. Some projects may not be completely defined so this individual will need to take a resourceful approach to find what’s needed and unblock themselves.
- You are excited about working for a travel brand. Beyond what is happening within Rocket, you constantly want to learn more about macro industry trends and how you can bring those insights to Rocket products.
About Rocket Travel
We make travel more rewarding than anyone else
Rocket Travel awards customers for booking travel through our products, allowing people to earn or use loyalty benefits from their favorite loyalty programs.
We began in 2013 with the same goal of making travel even more rewarding. This started with our bespoke Rocketmiles website, earning travelers their favorite airline loyalty miles for hotel bookings, and every year since, we’ve advanced our goal.
We now partner with over 60 loyalty programs that travelers can choose from, we build unique partner-branded travel sites, we offer the ability to earn and redeem loyalty rewards, we sit within Booking Holdings—the most experienced Group of travel companies in the world—and we continually grow the number of ways that people can book travel through us, from stays to cars and more.
Travel constantly evolves, opening additional opportunities to create rewarding experiences, and we intend to be at the forefront of building and innovating on those for travelers worldwide.
A diverse and global team
Our teammates work across the globe, in person and remotely. We have offices in Chicago, NYC, Bangkok, Bogota, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, and Cebu. No matter where people work, our main team-building goal is to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment. We do that with a Diversity and Inclusion Committee, setting DEI hiring goals, investing in employee retention, and conducting regular team training that fosters collaboration and morale.
All of these efforts help ensure that we’re promoting a supportive workplace, where people are motivated to grow professionally and build rewarding travel experiences together.
Note on general employment requirements
Candidates should be authorized to accept employment in the US from any employer, should be willing to start within three weeks of accepting an offer, and should be able to work the same daily working hours as our Chicago office.
A final word
If the idea of working within an environment that promotes accountability, curiosity, and community to build reward travel products sounds motivating to you, we would love to hear from you—even if you’re unable to meet 100% of the job requirements. We never expect people to have all of the answers, as long as they’re willing and able to learn and grow with us.