Get to Know our Team:
In Agoda’s Technology department, we build the scalable, fault-tolerant systems and APIs that host our core business logic. Our systems cover all major areas of our business: inventory and pricing, product information, customer data, communications, partner data, booking systems, payments, and more. We use big data and ML for most of our applications – fraud, recommendation, marketing, ranking, supply management and many more. These mission-critical systems change frequently with dozens of releases per day, so we must employ state-of-the-art CI/CD and testing techniques in order to make sure everything works without any downtime. We also ensure that our systems are self-healing, responding gracefully to extreme loads or unexpected input. In order to accomplish this, we use state-of-the-art languages like Scala and Go, data technologies like Kafka and Aerospike, and agile development practices. Most importantly though, we hire great people from all around the world and empower them to be successful. Whether it’s building new projects like Flights and Packages or reimagining our existing business, you’ll make a big impact as a leader of Engineering teams.
About the opportunity:
Rocket Travel by Agoda is Agoda's strategic partnerships arm, working with the world’s largest companies to create branded experiences from the first search to check-out from their stay. Our global partnerships range from world-class airlines to international banks, as well large-scale shopping platforms, SuperApps, and the largest travel players in the world. In this role you will work within Booking Holdings, the largest online travel company in the world.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager at Rocket Travel, you will:
- Empower the enablement of embedded engineering teams in Bangkok for Rocket Travel, based in the US
- Coordinate multiple aspects of technology including application development, infrastructure, tech operations and monitoring, certain security and business continuity projects to serve Rocket Travel by Agoda and partners
- Assist with Recruiting, retention, onboarding and allocation of engineering team members
- Progress tracking and reporting to the Business Unit
- Documenting processes and ensuring compliance with industry standards
- Contributing ideas to product development initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in computer sciences, software engineering, technology management, business management, or relevant experience.
- 6+ years of experience in technical program management, preferably in a related industry.
- You’re able to work with many engineering managers, product owners and other technology leaders to deliver an integrated solution
- You're able to multi-task across various projects, initiatives and partner launches
- You understand the Agoda ecosystem and technical architecture and are able to drive project success within that context
- You have the ability to pursue clarity on ambiguity in order to get the job done
- You’re okay with working some off hour interactions with US based teams
- You understand the complex interplay of people, process and technology
- You have strong process orientation and are metrics-minded
- You’ll have commercial partner experience and empathy
Rocket Travel is a place where you:
- Work with a group of intrinsically motivated people with a track record for building successful new businesses from scratch.
- Embody curiosity, community, and accountability. We live and build products by these values every day.
- Own decisions and take action that can be implemented in a matter of days (or hours).
- Get inspired and encouraged to vacation faster, with an annual vacation stipend.
- Receive a competitive compensation package, including bonus, potential for equity, generous benefits, health, and dental insurance. Total Compensation is based on experience.
- Can have a flexible work schedule. Agoda has a beautiful office located in Bangkok where we have a hybrid team, and a flexible work environment.
- Share your passion for travel with equally adventurous teammates.
- Work within the largest online travel company in the world. Rocket Travel creates B2C and B2B2C travel products and is part of Booking Holdings (BKNG). We have many worldwide partners and a diversified business. Despite the world’s current situation, Booking Holdings has been rated the healthiest company in travel, and Rocket itself is already seeing travel demand surpass pre-pandemic levels