Rocket Travel is looking for a Team (Admin) Coordinator responsible for providing top-notch support for our leadership team. The individual in this role must understand business priorities, demonstrate the ability to proactively anticipate needs and drive improvements to build capacity for leaders across the company. This role requires attention to detail, great organizational skills, the ability to meet tight deadlines, juggle multiple requests and show flexibility to change direction at a moment’s notice. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information as well as professionalism in dealing with executives inside and outside of the company is critical. The successful candidate will possess the skills to complete complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations requiring a quick turnaround.
This is a new role and reports directly to the Head of Rocket Travel.
Rocket Travel is a place where you:
- Work with a group of intrinsically motivated people with a track record for building successful new businesses from scratch.
- Embody curiosity, community, and accountability. We live and build products and work with business partners and each other by embodying these values every day.
- Own decisions and take action that can be implemented in a matter of days (or hours).
- Get inspired and encouraged to vacation faster, with an annual vacation stipend.
- Receive a competitive compensation package, including bonus, 401k with match, flexible vacation time, maternity and paternity benefits, health, and dental insurance.
- Total Compensation is based on experience - Salary: $60k - $85k + Bonus: 10-15%
- Can have a flexible work schedule. Our Rocket Travel HQ is located in Chicago’s West Loop, where this position is based. We have a hybrid team and a flexible work environment.
- Share your passion for travel with equally adventurous teammates.
- Work within the largest online travel company in the world. Rocket Travel creates B2C and B2B2C travel products and is part of Booking Holdings (BKNG). We have many worldwide partners and a diversified business. Despite the world’s current situation, Booking Holdings has been rated the healthiest company in travel, and Rocket itself is already seeing travel demand surpass pre-pandemic levels.
As a Team Coordinator at Rocket Travel, you will:
- Provide seamless support to Rocket’s leaders
- Schedule, coordinate, and execute internal and external meetings across multiple time zones including prep meetings, reminders, agendas, tracking action items and deliverables, note taking, catering
- Own travel management (some international) including booking transportation, hotels, restaurant reservations
- Coordinate company meetings, including weekly all hands, quarterly town halls, and strategic offsites
- Build relationships with other admins and leadership teams across the Booking Holdings brands and our external partners
- Coordinate closely with the People Operations, IT, and Finance teams
- Proactively anticipate needs / challenges and plan accordingly
- Find ways to improve day-to-day administrative processes
- Process expense reports monthly
- Perform administrative tasks such as data entry, document organization, and other project-based work, as needed
- Authentically represent and articulate Rocket’s values and company culture
- College degree or relevant work experience
- Exercises confidentiality and discretion when interfacing with colleagues and partners
- Excellent verbal and written skills to effectively communicate with all levels of the company
- History of providing top-notch customer service
- Self-starter who executes and delivers consistent results
- Calm, poised, and flexible under pressure
- Approachable, easy to talk with
- Exhibits an authentic, positive spirit
- Sees no task as “too small”, just rolls up your sleeves and gets the job done
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates a commitment to an inclusive workspace
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
About Rocket Travel:
We make travel more rewarding than anyone else
Rocket Travel awards customers for booking travel through our products, allowing people to earn or use loyalty benefits from their favorite loyalty programs.
We began in 2013 with the goal of making travel even more rewarding. This started with our bespoke Rocketmiles website, earning travelers their favorite airline loyalty miles for hotel bookings and, every year since, we’ve advanced our goal.
We now partner with over 60 loyalty programs travelers can choose from, we build unique partner-branded travel sites, we offer the ability to earn and redeem loyalty rewards, we sit within Booking Holdings—the most experienced Group of travel companies in the world—and we continually grow the number of ways that people can book travel through us, from stays to cars and more.
Travel constantly evolves, opening additional opportunities to create rewarding experiences, and we intend to be at the forefront of building and innovating on those for travelers worldwide.
A diverse and global team
Our teammates work across the globe, in person and remotely. We have offices in Chicago, NYC, Bangkok, Bogota, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, and Cebu. No matter where people work, our main team-building goal is to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment. We do that with a Diversity & Inclusion Committee, setting DEI hiring goals, investing in employee retention, and conducting regular team training that fosters collaboration and morale.
All of these efforts help ensure that we’re promoting a supportive workplace, where people are motivated to grow professionally and build rewarding travel experiences together.
Note on general employment requirements
Candidates should be authorized to accept employment in the US from any employer, should be willing to start within three weeks of accepting an offer, and should be able to work the same daily working hours as our Chicago office.
A final word
If the idea of working within an environment that promotes accountability, curiosity, and community to build reward travel products sounds motivating to you, we would love to hear from you—even if you’re unable to meet 100% of the job requirements. We never expect people to have all of the answers, as long as they’re willing and able to learn and grow with us.