Rocket Travel is looking for a Senior Product Owner to join our growing team.
In this role, you will be focused on leading a cross-functional team to build customer-centric products and experiences. This role is a senior hands-on position on a high impact, high visibility team, with many opportunities to grow, take ownership, mentor teammates, and start new initiatives.
Rocket Travel is a place where you:
- Work with a group of intrinsically motivated people with a track record for building successful new businesses from scratch.
- Embody curiosity, community, and accountability. We live and build products by these values every day.
- Own decisions and take action that can be implemented in a matter of days (or hours).
- Get inspired and encouraged to vacation faster, with an annual vacation stipend.
- Receive a competitive compensation package, including bonus, 401k with match, flexible vacation time, maternity and paternity benefits, health, and dental insurance.
- Total Compensation is based on experience - Salary: $115k - $150k + Bonus: 20% - 30%
- Can have a flexible work schedule. We have an amazing office in the Chicago West Loop. We have a hybrid team and a flexible work environment.
- Share your passion for travel with equally adventurous teammates.
- Work within the largest online travel company in the world. Rocket Travel creates B2C and B2B2C travel products and is part of Booking Holdings (BKNG). We have many worldwide partners and a diversified business. Despite the world’s current situation, Booking Holdings has been rated the healthiest company in travel, and Rocket itself is already seeing travel demand surpass pre-pandemic levels
As a Senior Product Owner at Rocket Travel, you will:
- Be fully accountable for the success of your product scope, taking ownership of a roadmap that achieves a broad set of business, customer, and quality goals
- Work with engineering to understand timelines, dependencies, and tradeoffs
- Work with designers to create customer-centric, lovable experiences
- Create and maintain product dashboards to track performance and trends of KPIs, providing rigorous insights into user behavior
- Find and create opportunities to mentor other product owners, as well as contributing to the competencies of a growing product organization
- Work with senior members of the company collaboratively to communicate and finalize decisions
- Create your own path at a fast growing company
- You are an inclusive product leader, able to inspire and navigate the team and stakeholders through ambiguity and changing priorities
- You are customer and people focused, optimizing the product from user insights, customer engagement, and both qualitative and quantitative data
- You are data-driven, able to ask the right questions and resourcefully find the answer
- You are technically empathetic, understanding the inherent tradeoffs in building technology products, and experienced in working with technical team members
- You have extensive experience building products, businesses, and/or organizations, managing through scenarios of evolving ambiguity, resources, and constraints
About Rocket Travel
We make travel more rewarding than anyone else
Rocket Travel awards customers for booking travel through our products, allowing people to earn or use loyalty benefits from their favorite loyalty programs.
We began in 2013 with the same goal of making travel even more rewarding. This started with our bespoke Rocketmiles website, earning travelers their favorite airline loyalty miles for hotel bookings, and every year since, we’ve advanced our goal.
We now partner with over 60 loyalty programs that travelers can choose from, we build unique partner-branded travel sites, we offer the ability to earn and redeem loyalty rewards, we sit within Booking Holdings—the most experienced Group of travel companies in the world—and we continually grow the number of ways that people can book travel through us, from stays to cars and more.
Travel constantly evolves, opening additional opportunities to create rewarding experiences, and we intend to be at the forefront of building and innovating on those for travelers worldwide.
A diverse and global team
Our teammates work across the globe, in person and remotely. We have offices in Chicago, NYC, Bangkok, Bogota, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, and Cebu. No matter where people work, our main team-building goal is to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment. We do that with a Diversity and Inclusion Committee, setting DEI hiring goals, investing in employee retention, and conducting regular team training that fosters collaboration and morale.
All of these efforts help ensure that we’re promoting a supportive workplace, where people are motivated to grow professionally and build rewarding travel experiences together.
Note on general employment requirements
Candidates should be authorized to accept employment in the US from any employer, should be willing to start within three weeks of accepting an offer, and should be able to work the same daily working hours as our Chicago office.
A final word
If the idea of working within an environment that promotes accountability, curiosity, and community to build reward travel products sounds motivating to you, we would love to hear from you—even if you’re unable to meet 100% of the job requirements. We never expect people to have all of the answers, as long as they’re willing and able to learn and grow with us.