Rocket Travel is looking for a Part-time Office Coordinator (20 hours per week) to join our growing People Operations team. This role reports to our Global People Operations Manager and works closely with IT Tech Support, various vendors, and the building management to ensure a smooth experience in the office for all Rocket employees and visitors.
This position is based out of our Rocket HQ's located in Chicago's West Loop.
Rocket Travel is a place where you:
- Work with a group of intrinsically motivated people with a track record for building successful new businesses from scratch.
- Embody curiosity, community, and accountability. We live and build products by these values every day.
- Own decisions and take action that can be implemented in a matter of days (or hours).
- Get inspired and encouraged to vacation faster, with an annual vacation stipend.
- Receive a competitive compensation - Hourly Rate: $22
- Can have your afternoons & weekends off. Our Rocket Travel HQ is located in Chicago’s West Loop, where this position is based from. This position works in the office 8am - 12pm, Monday - Friday
- Share your passion for travel with equally adventurous teammates.
- Work within the largest online travel company in the world. Rocket Travel creates B2C and B2B2C travel products and is part of Booking Holdings (BKNG). We have many worldwide partners and a diversified business. Despite the world’s current situation, Booking Holdings has been rated the healthiest company in travel, and Rocket itself is already seeing travel demand surpass pre-pandemic levels
As a People Operations / Office Coordinator at Rocket Travel, you will:
- Arrive early daily to open the office - working Monday - Friday, 8am - 12pm
- Ensure stocks of office supplies, food and beverage, and disposable paper items are replenished for office use
- Serve as first point of contact to triage HR / People-Ops related questions and issues and direct to the proper person as appropriate
- Schedule meetings, events, training sessions and People-Ops agendas
- Collaborate with People-Ops leaders to create, build, proof and produce content for meetings and training sessions
- Organize and order in office meals as needed
- Work with IT Support and the Building to make sure office equipment works correctly
- Other duties as assigned
- You are a computer guru with skills ranging from MS Office to Google Workspace and can learn new systems and applications quickly - experience with Workday is a plus
- You exhibit problem solving skills and a willingness to take charge without regularly needing direction
- You embody Rocket’s core values of Accountability, Community, and Curiosity
- You have meticulous attention to detail
- You take change in stride and can adapt quickly to changing demands or situations
- You desire to learn and grow: This job has potential for growth should Rocket expand in size and scope
About Rocket Travel
We make travel more rewarding than anyone else
Rocket Travel awards customers for booking travel through our products, allowing people to earn or use loyalty benefits from their favorite loyalty programs.
We began in 2013 with the same goal of making travel even more rewarding. This started with our bespoke Rocketmiles website, earning travelers their favorite airline loyalty miles for hotel bookings, and every year since, we’ve advanced our goal.
We now partner with over 60 loyalty programs that travelers can choose from, we build unique partner-branded travel sites, we offer the ability to earn and redeem loyalty rewards, we sit within Booking Holdings—the most experienced Group of travel companies in the world—and we continually grow the number of ways that people can book travel through us, from stays to cars and more.
Travel constantly evolves, opening additional opportunities to create rewarding experiences, and we intend to be at the forefront of building and innovating on those for travelers worldwide.
A diverse and global team
Our teammates work across the globe, in person and remotely. We have offices in Chicago, NYC, Bangkok, Bogota, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, and Cebu. No matter where people work, our main team-building goal is to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment. We do that with a Diversity and Inclusion Committee, setting DEI hiring goals, investing in employee retention, and conducting regular team training that fosters collaboration and morale.
All of these efforts help ensure that we’re promoting a supportive workplace, where people are motivated to grow professionally and build rewarding travel experiences together.
Note on general employment requirements
Candidates should be authorized to accept employment in the US from any employer, should be willing to start within three weeks of accepting an offer, and should be able to work the same daily working hours as our Chicago office.
A final word
If the idea of working within an environment that promotes accountability, curiosity, and community to build reward travel products sounds motivating to you, we would love to hear from you—even if you’re unable to meet 100% of the job requirements. We never expect people to have all of the answers, as long as they’re willing and able to learn and grow with us.