Rocket Travel is looking for a Senior Data Engineer (MLOps) with experience in Python/SQL and maintaining machine learning models in production to join our growing Data Science Team based in the Empire State Building, NYC Office.
The Data Science Team oversees building internal-facing decision making tools and product-facing production models that aid in scaling our growing business. Remote employment may be an option for this role, but once it’s safe to travel again you will be encouraged to make periodic trips to New York City.
Rocket Travel is a place where you:
- Work with a group of intrinsically motivated people with a track record for building successful new businesses from scratch.
- Embody curiosity, community, and accountability. We live and build products by these values every day.
- Own decisions and take action that can be implemented in a matter of days (or hours).
- Get inspired and encouraged to vacation faster, with an annual vacation stipend.
- Receive a competitive compensation package, including bonus, 401k with match, flexible vacation time, maternity and paternity benefits, health, and dental insurance.
- Total Compensation is based on experience - Salary: $115k - $150k, Bonus: 15% - 20%
- Can have the option to work remotely. Though we have great offices in Chicago’s West Loop and in NYC’s Empire State building, we have a hybrid team, a flexible work environment, and we welcome full-time remote applicants, too.
- Share your passion for travel with equally adventurous teammates.
- Work within the largest online travel company in the world. Rocket Travel creates B2C and B2B2C travel products and is part of Booking Holdings (BKNG). We have many worldwide partners and a diversified business. Despite the world’s current situation, Booking Holdings has been rated the healthiest company in travel, and Rocket itself is already seeing travel demand surpass pre-pandemic levels
As a Senior Data Engineer (MLOps) at Rocket Travel, you will:
- Iterate and improve our machine learning model APIs running in production, making it more testable, resilient and automated
- Build python and sql data pipelines to address different business needs, which includes: evaluating metrics for A/B test results, modeling data for front-end analytics
- Evolve the Rocket data science toolkit by identifying and recommending best tools for each task. Examples of technologies that we experimented and adopted in the past include: MLflow, Sagemaker, DBT, Jenkins
- Own projects end-to-end, which includes creating data pipelines for models, setting infrastructure for APIs, and having an opinion on how our productions models should be structured
- Work closely with data scientists to further refine data requirements
- Maintain a sense of empathy for our customers and move quickly where users are most acutely affected
- You have worked with Python/SQL for at least 3 years in a professional setting
- You have experience deploying machine learning models into production, and building systems for these processes. Experience with AWS Sagemaker a plus
- You have comfort with containerization technologies (kubernetes, ECS, docker)
- You are intellectually curious and self-directed problem solver, keen to work on a variety of data projects and independently search for answers
- You have worked with Python common data related libraries (pandas, numpy)
- You have worked with both MPP databases (e.g. Redshift, Vertica) as well as NoSQL databases (Redis, Couchbase)
- You have experience working with DevOps tools like Git. Jenkins and TeamCity experience a plus
- You have hands-on experience with SQL and can write complex queries with ease. You have experience building batch and real-time data pipelines. Bonus points if you have worked with Airflow and dbt
- You have familiarity with AWS data related tools (kinesis, glue, redshift)
- You care deeply about the quality of your code, but are also aware of timelines and don’t spend countless hours trying to bring things to perfection
- You communicate clearly and effectively
About Rocket Travel
Rocket Travel partners with companies around the world to make travel even more rewarding. Our customers can earn and redeem miles, points, and gift cards, or save big with exclusive discounts, for booking travel accommodations around the world, from global favorite brands to boutique bed and breakfasts. We also help our partners curate vacation excursion planning and car rental services, with a completely branded experience from the first search to check-out from their stay.
We attract customers from every corner of the globe with a user experience that's built in-house from ideation to finished product: our team includes front- and back-end developers, customer service, data analysts, designers, marketers, accountants, partnership sales, and managers. We have offices in Chicago, NYC, Bangkok, Bogota, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, and Cebu, as well as colleagues working remotely across four continents. Our global partnerships range from world-class airlines to international banks to large-scale shopping platforms.
We began in 2013 as a start-up, were acquired by Bookings Holdings two quick years later, and we've been growing rapidly ever since. Rocket Travel is dedicated to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace where everyone has the opportunity to reach new heights in their career, and expand their knowledge working alongside talented, dedicated colleagues. We encourage all applicants with a touch of wanderlust to apply to our team, as we work toward helping our travelers reach the vacation of their dreams.
Candidates should be authorized to accept employment in the US from any employer, should be willing to start within three weeks of accepting an offer, and should be able to work the same daily working hours as our Chicago office.
At Rocket Travel, we’re building a diverse team that values accountability, curiosity, and community. If you share these values and are interested in joining us, we’d love to talk with you even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements listed here. We don’t expect anyone to have all the answers, as long as they’re willing to learn and grow with us. Diversity, equity and inclusion are Rocket Travel priorities, and we are looking for candidates who will contribute positively to the company's mission to be an inclusive environment. Rocketmiles has multiple employee resource groups, including a diversity and inclusion committee, and has committed to DEI goals in hiring, employee retention, and the overall demographics of the organization. DEI is an important element of our values and we conduct ongoing and regular training for our teammates in an effort to foster collaboration, improve morale, and support one another.