Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
About the role
Our Occupational Health and Safety Advisor provides occupational health and safety, hazardous substance and industrial hygiene advice and support services for business units and company activities in New Zealand.
- Relevant experience working under WorkSafe and EPA regulations
- 3-5 years’ experience supporting / implementing safety and industrial hygiene programs in a relevant industry or organisation
- Relevant practical work experience in OH&S in a related industry, such as Military or emergency services, defense industries, engineering, aerospace, manufacturing, mining or chemical processing, or a government agency
- Must have an IELTS score of 6.0 or higher or have completed a degree taught entirely in English
- Excellent communication and consulting skills
- Experience / skills in developing training material for NZ audiences
- Professional level skills in industrial hygiene
- Membership in good standing of a relevant industrial organisation such as IOSH, NZOHS, NZISM, or similar
- Experience of managing contractors
- Ability to work with a wide variety of teams and partners in the business
- Role is permanent and full time and will be based in Auckland. Occasional domestic travel required in NZ
Rocket Lab employee benefits:
- The opportunity to work on innovative and ground breaking technology
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit and snacks
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross
- Additional parental leave entitlements
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year
- An employee stock purchase program
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.