Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
SOLAERO BY ROCKET LAB
SolAero Technologies is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of highly efficient radiation-hardened solar cells, Coverglass Interconnected Cells (CICs), and solar panels for space power applications. Since 2001, SolAero solar cells or panels have supplied primary power to over 1,000 successful space missions with zero on-orbit failures. Our proven manufacturing capability, technology leadership, and unsurpassed reliability makes SolAero the supplier of choice for demanding space programs.
SENIOR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
Based out of SolAero by Rocket Labs Albuquerque, NM site we are seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to join a fast-paced, team-oriented manufacturing environment. This is a full-time role, working a 9/80 shift (every other Friday off), although initial training days may vary. You’ll be responsible for providing systems and IT support.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Infrastructure support
- Primary support for Active Directory/DNS/DHCP/Exchange and all Infrastructure services
- Design, implement, and provide project management for decom of legacy active directory domain and migration of all users, computers, servers, and all related resources to new domains.
- Install and support Shoretel VOIP Phone System, Shoretel Mobility Router and other Shoretel Services
- Support for Cisco and FortiGate network hardware.
- Administrator support
- GCC High or O365 Environment migration and support; Teams, Office, Azure AD, SharePoint Online
- Design and implement Exchange 2016, as well as the migration of mailboxes and all resources
- Implement and support Proofpoint Email Filtering, Email Encryption, and Secure File Share Software
- Design, implement, and support for clustered VMWare ESXi6+ environments with full functionality with 8+ servers and 100+ hosts
- Server design, implementation, and support for MS and Linux based servers
- Responsible for business-critical backup schedule and off-site data retention
- Network administration
- Support for HP P500/Left-hand/lISCSI Sans
- Design, implementation, and support for NetApp E Series
- Migration to and support for NetApp
- Project management for Firewall, Network Switch and Router Replacement Project, including IT to OT firewall configurations
- Support for Cisco Enterprise Wireless infrastructure
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 5+ years of related experience
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, simple financial reports, and legal documents
- Ability to write technical reports and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and other engineers
- Must be able to speak, understand, read, and write English
- Ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Requires a very high level of technical skill in field of expertise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to exchange information with all levels of internal and external customers
- Prioritizes activities based on workload
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.