Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
About the role
Our spacecraft and launch vehicles generate a large quantity of real-time data throughout their development, production and launch life-cycle. This data tells a story and lets Rocket Lab engineers and key stakeholders know how we are performing, as well as providing evidence for continuous improvement. The Operational Data software ensures that this valuable information is robustly managed and made available to those who need it most.
While Operational Data Software Engineers are not in charge of the data analysis, they make sure that the experts have the right tools to make data-driven decisions affecting Rocket Lab's entire line of launch vehicles and spacecraft.
- Tertiary Diploma, Certificate or degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or demonstrated equivalent level of knowledge
- Minimum of 1 year’s professional experience within a relevant discipline
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Experience with Python Development
- Experience with common data analysis libraries/tools such as Pandas/Numpy, ETL pipelines, SQL
- Experience with Redmine, Jira or other issue tracker
- Experience with Git
- Knowledge of data science and numerical analysis techniques
- Experience with data visualisation
- Experience with Kubernetes
- C#, Golang, Typescript programming experience
- Experience with Scrum
- Database Application Development
- Networked application development
- Web Application Development
- User Interface Development
Rocket Lab Employee Benefits:
- The opportunity to work on innovative and ground breaking technology
- An employee stock purchase program
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit, and snacks
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross
- Additional parental leave entitlements
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.