Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
This is a rare opportunity to play a key role in Rocket Lab’s evolution into an end-to-end space company that delivers launch, spacecraft, and on-orbit operations. The Space Systems Division is shaping Rocket Lab’s future with Photon, our brand of high-performance satellites, enabling innovative missions in low Earth orbit and beyond including missions for NASA to LEO, the Moon, and Mars and commercial customers, including leading the design and manufacture of 17 high-power telecommunication spacecraft buses for Globalstar.
Rocket Lab is also growing our spacecraft components business, anchored on the acquisition of Sinclair Interplanetary manufacturing reaction wheels and star trackers in Toronto, SolAero Technologies manufacturing solar power and primary structure solutions in Albuquerque, Planetary Systems Corporation manufacturing launch separation systems in Silver Spring, and Advanced Solutions, Inc., provider of flight and ground software as a service in Denver. We are also an exclusive manufacturing partner for advanced radio technology licensed from the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory. Our components business is key to vertically integrating our spacecraft solutions and enabling constellations for customers.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, RF PRODUCTS
Based out of Rocket Lab's global headquarters in Long Beach, CA, the Business Development Manager, RF Products is responsible for managing all business development activities for RF products such as radios. You will also support senior leadership and the Business Development organization, with deliverables required for our board of directors and investors.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Identify new aerospace/satellite RF products customers
- Present Rocket Lab’s capabilities/experience to provide aerospace/satellite RF products (radio transceivers, complete RF subsystems, etc.) to new and potential customers
- Identify and obtain RFPs from aerospace/satellite primes and other satellite integrators for new and continuing space mission and program opportunities
- Develop strategies to win opportunities and work with internal personnel to execute strategies
- Lead and/or participate in proposal activities, including generation of technical, management, cost, schedule, and proposal content for new business
- Establish teaming arrangements with customers or other partners as required
- Maintain ongoing relationships with customers to develop additional business opportunities
- Travel as needed for business opportunities
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS (Note: you must meet every qualification in order to be considered):
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other technical discipline
- 7+ years of experience working with contractors in the aerospace or defense industry
- Experience in the aerospace/satellite sector
- Experience with satellite RF products development, manufacturing, and/or sales
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Master’s degree in aerospace engineering or related engineering field; or business
- Specialization in US government business development, with deep experience selling to US national security (Space Force, NRO, SDA, etc.) and civil space customers (NASA, NOAA, etc.)
- Demonstrable record of success in business development, sales, program management and/or engineering of satellite RF products
- Extensive awareness of current/ongoing commercial and government satellite programs
- Experience and/or deep understanding of engineering design or analysis is preferred
- Experience and knowledge of satellite telecommunications services, hardware, and software
- Experience and knowledge of satellite cryptographic capabilities and requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Must be personable and have the ability to interface well with customers, and present to large groups
- Experience leading, managing, and growing geographically disperse teams on fast-paced projects
- Ability to take ownership and action on challenges, and step up to manage tough situations while encouraging colleagues and direct reports to do the same
- Proficient in all Microsoft Suite products, including MS Project
- General knowledge of industry specific technical requirements and quality requirements
- Understanding of a manufacturing and engineering company, working in a manufacturing environment in the RF products industry, and RF products for space applications
- Knowledge of typical RF product customer requirements and associated technical solutions, needs, schedules, and costs
- Experience using customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Experience with proposal development, writing, and best practice capture processes, and ability to independently complete cost and technical proposals
- Ability to develop cost estimates for build to print and design to specification programs
- Frequent domestic and international travel is required
- Availability outside of normal business hours and/or weekends as needed
- Active security clearance, or ability to obtain one
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation offer package based on individual qualifications and experience, including company stock. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.