Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
GLOBAL COMMERCIAL LAUNCH SERVICES MANAGER
Based out of Rocket Lab's global headquarters in Long Beach, CA, the Global Commercial Launch Services Manager is responsible for capturing commercial revenue (business development and sales) to enable Rocket Lab’s sustained operations and growth. You will oversee key commercial customer accounts including Electron and Neutron launch vehicles; and Dedicated, Primary Rideshare, and Rideshare launch services.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Develop and oversee the Global Commercial Launch Services strategy, business development, and sales
- Support Global Launch Services commercial quote and proposal development
- Execute winning strategies to rapidly grow new commercial business worldwide
- Utilize professional network, business development techniques, and product knowledge to market launch services on the Electron and Neutron launch vehicles/mission services
- Collaborate with marketing team to formulate strategy for aerospace industry conferences and networking events
- Develop marketing materials such as presentations, user guides, and website content
- Identify and capture new customer accounts
- Convert leads to quotes by leveraging industry-leading tools (i.e. Salesforce CRM), and draft Launch Service Agreements (LSAs)
- Coordinate mission performance requirements with technical teams
- Maintain updated SmallSat market analysis, and inform senior leadership and technical teams of any relevant trends or changes
- Host important customers during strategic company events, launches, and press announcements
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS (Note: you must meet every qualification in order to be considered):
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business discipline
- 5+ years of experience in the aerospace industry
- Experience with proposal development and business capture
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Master’s degree in engineering or business discipline
- Experience with leadership/management
- Thorough understanding of global space markets
- Experience with strategic business planning, business development, and sales in aerospace or other highly technical industry
- Position requires up to 50% domestic and international travel
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.