Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Neutron is a medium lift launch vehicle capable of delivering the mega constellations of tomorrow, high assurance payloads, and human spaceflight. As a highly reusable launch platform, Neutron will deliver a highly cost-effective and reliable launch solution leveraging Rocket Lab’s proven execution history with the Electron program. If you’re interested in joining a high performing team, pushing the boundaries with a clean sheet development of re-usable liquid launch vehicle, this is your opportunity!
Based out of Rocket Lab's our headquarters in Long Beach, CA. Are you an amazing engineer with a passion for building next generation, highly reusable launch vehicles that will expand the space economy, but can't find a role that is a good fit for you in our career’s listings? Please apply to this role and tell us why you would be a great fit! You will support the Neutron and Archimedes teams, with deliverables required for internal leadership, board of directors, and investors.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Design, analyze, test, fly, and refly next generation propulsion hardware
- Work with an experienced team of propulsion experts to develop high performance, reliable, and low cost hardware.
- Work with manufacturing teams to support fabrication, design for manufacturability, and resolve issues that may arise during hardware build.
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent
- 1-2 years of experience in relevant engineering field.
- Knowledge of heat transfer, fluids and structural mechanics
- Fundamental understanding of mechanical design principals
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Proficiency in GDT
- Professional experience with NX, Ansys, and other commercial analysis software packages
- Experience with propulsion systems design, analysis, test, operations, and/or manufacturing
- Experience in a scrappy development environment
- Experience with best practices for design, qualification and production
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.